Windows 10: Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times

Discus and support Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem with my audio on my Windows 10 laptop. What happens: At random times when I am watching any video on my laptop or playing a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheAGames10, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times

Hi, I am having a problem with my audio on my Windows 10 laptop.

What happens:
    At random times when I am watching any video on my laptop or playing a game like Roblox, the sound starts being slow and distorted and it is very annoying.
    A restart can fix it, but only temporarily and it will randomly come back during a YT video or game being played, it is really starting to get on my nerves and I need a permanent fix for it.

I have a video of it happening too, but the video is in my tablet, I have no link for it, sadly.

Windows version number: 1903

:)

TheAGames10, Aug 22, 2020
  2. L. Flea Win User

PC suddenly slow with distorted audio at random

My PC randomly becomes laggy and distorts the audio for a small amount of time, as if it were in slow-motion. Tried scanning for malware, but came up clean. Much obliged for help.

L. Flea, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times

Windows 10 distorted and slow sound

Hi, I am having a huge problem with my audio on my Windows 10 laptop.

What happens:
    At random times when I am watching any video on my laptop or playing a game like Roblox or use Discord, the sound starts being slow and distorted and it is very annoying.
    A restart can fix it, but only temporarily and it will randomly come back during a YT or game being played, it is really starting to get on my nerves and I need a permanent fix for it.

I have a video of it happening too, but IDK how to put it here.

Theagames10, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times

1. Windows 10 audio slow/distorted at random times - Similar Threads - audio slow distorted

2. Audio distortion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio distortion: Hello, I have an hp omen laptop 15-en0009nl with windows 11.For a while I have been experiencing problems with my audio, sometimes the entire pc lags for a second and when it "catches up" the audio is distorted, but most of the times it just gets distorted without lagging.The...
  3. distorted audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distorted audio: When i play sound off of serato dj pro out my laptop it is extremely distorted. if i record audio and play it back it is very distorted. I have tried so many different ways to fix it but havent been able to find a solution and i cannot find anything online to fix it!...
  4. Audio randomly very loud and distorted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio randomly very loud and distorted.: My audio will suddenly skyrocket and distorted with static. I've been having this issue for a while and I've just put up with it as my new reality. I'm experiencing this on not one, but four different computers. An MSI gaming desktop with video games, an ACEPC micro desktop...
  5. Audio randomly very loud and distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio randomly very loud and distorted.: My audio will suddenly skyrocket and distorted with static. I've been having this issue for a while and I've just put up with it as my new reality. I'm experiencing this on not one, but four different computers. An MSI gaming desktop with video games, an ACEPC micro desktop...
  6. Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio has a lot of distortion, some of the time: I have to restart my computer frequently to get audio to work.. Any suggestions are appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-has-a-lot-of-distortion-some-of-the-time/52a6454a-fb48-4ac2-b854-ae5f76672b7f
  7. Windows 10 distorted and slow sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 distorted and slow sound: Hi, I am having a huge problem with my audio on my Windows 10 laptop. What happens: At random times when I am watching any video on my laptop or playing a game like Roblox or use Discord, the sound starts being slow and distorted and it is very annoying. A restart can fix...
  8. Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio clipping, distorting, slowing down: So basically I got Windows 10 in December 2019. Since then I have to face audio problems that are getting more and more unacceptable. It all started with single audio clicks I was getting in my browser. I tried using another one and it temporarily helped, but the same problem...
  9. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.: Every 10 seconds or audio, regardless of source, (internet or music file) will have a "digital interruption" where the sound still comes through but slows down for a few seconds and sounds distorted like a robot is saying the words. It is not an internet issue, because an...
  10. Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Slow and Distorted Audio: Hi, Sometimes I turn on the computer and the sound is distorted. The sample rate appears to have been halved and so the sound on media player and the video player is slow and distorted. I've found a temporary solution which lasts a while and I've documented here; Windows...