Windows 10: Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver...

Discus and support Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier this week, Intel accidentally released version 9.21.00.3755 of the Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) Driver through Windows Update, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M. Hamer, Oct 12, 2018.

1. M. Hamer Win User

Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver...

Earlier this week, Intel accidentally released version 9.21.00.3755 of the Intel Smart Sound Technology (ISST) Driver through Windows Update, and mistakenly offered it to a range of devices running Window 10 version 1803 or 1809. If your device contained a compatible audio driver, the new driver overrode it and caused audio to stop working.

As soon as we learned of the issue on October 11, we made the sure the driver was no longer being offered through Windows Update. If it was already installed on your device, you will need to uninstall the driver using the following instructions.

1. From the Start menu, type Device Manager in the search box. Select Device Manager from the search results.
    2. Find and expand Sound, video, and game controllers.
    3. Look for a Realtek device, or a device that has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point.
    4. Click on the device to select it.
    5. Go to the Device Manager View menu, and then select Devices by connection.

Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver... 048ccab5-e448-412c-b600-b4b3aea9fe18?upload=true.png
    6. Look at the controller device - this should be called Intel Smart Sound Technology driver version 09.21.00.3755.
    7. Right-click the controller device.
    8. Choose Properties.
    9. You should get a dialog like below. Click on the Driver tab as shown:

Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver... b40a9b6b-d717-4c36-b737-19f71933b874?upload=true.png

10. If the driver version is 9.21.0.3755, you have the driver that was sent to you incorrectly.
    11. Click Uninstall Device. You will get a popup asking if you want to remove the driver.

Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver... 197fdeda-cbdc-461c-9c6b-27c73aab4083?upload=true.jpg

13. Check the checkbox as shown, so the driver will be removed.
    14. Click Uninstall.
    15. When the driver is uninstalled, reboot your system.
    16. Your audio (speakers and headphones) should work after the reboot.

:)

M. Hamer, Oct 12, 2018

2. Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller Issue

I'm having issue with the Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel SST) Audio Controller on Aspire VN7-792G.

I'm on Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.164).

The Device Manager shows I have the latest driver but troubleshooting has shown 'Audio services not responding' and the issue is not fixed.

I've tried Intel Driver Update Utility 2.4 but no drivers showed up after scanning.

Regards,

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Daniel Vong, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Intel(R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED !!!Problems!!!

Hi!

I am having the exact same problem listed above, and successfully uninstalled the driver, and after restarting it reappeared again with the yellow triangle. I installed the Assistant but it did not help in reinstalling or updating the "Intel(R) Smart
    Sound Technology (Intel(R) SST) OED" driver. What next?

AmberLakey, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver...

Intel Smart Sound Technology driver will not load

Surface Book getting Smart Sound Technology device driver error.

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" "The device was no loaded because it failed its initialization call."

I have tried to update driver as well as uninstalling the device and rebooting, but the error continues.

BarryHaven, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver...

1. Windows 10 audio stops working after installing Intel Smart Sound Technology driver... - Similar Threads - audio stops working

2. Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working: I install the drivers for sound, and along with the drivers, intel smart sound was downloaded, after which there was a hiss from my microphone, while the sound was...
  3. Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Due to intel smart sound technology, the microphone stopped working: I install the drivers for sound, and along with the drivers, intel smart sound was downloaded, after which there was a hiss from my microphone, while the sound was...
  4. Intel Smart Sound Technology for I2S Audio Muffled Audio

Intel Smart Sound Technology for I2S Audio Muffled Audio: Hello! So, I just recently purchased this laptop. The sound is muffled when I use my headphones and earphone while listening to music or in playing games. Even after numerous attempts of finding solutions in youtube and google, it remains muffled. It sounds fine when I enable...
  5. Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio installation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio installation.: I deleted this driver from my device because my microphone isn't working properly. When I tried to update it, it said "Code 10, Cannot start", or something like that. It had one of those yellow marks in the device manager, that's why I deleted it. But how can I download it...
  6. Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio installation.

Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio installation.: I deleted this driver from my device because my microphone isn't working properly. When I tried to update it, it said "Code 10, Cannot start", or something like that. It had one of those yellow marks in the device manager, that's why I deleted it. But how can I download it...
  7. Issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio: This is a HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg0xxxI keep getting this error: device cannot start. Code 10 An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.I have uninstalled all the audio drivers and reinstalled them and the microphone still won't work. I ran the HP support...
  8. Issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio

Issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio: This is a HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg0xxxI keep getting this error: device cannot start. Code 10 An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.I have uninstalled all the audio drivers and reinstalled them and the microphone still won't work. I ran the HP support...
  9. Issues with Intel Smart Sound Technology for USB Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Intel Smart Sound Technology

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Smart Sound Technology: I'm having problems with sound drivers. Yesterday I had no sound at all and after extensive query, downloaded the RealTek audio driver which brought back the sound but now I am getting sound through the display when my headphones are plugged in. In device manager I see a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. intel smart sound technology

3. intel smart sound technology driver code 10

4. intel smart sound technology sst oed fails,
  5. free Smart Sound Technology OED driver code 10 - Windows 10 ,
  6. intel sst oed code 10,
  7. smart sound technology intel r sst oed