Windows 10: Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

Discus and support Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I apologize for the confusion on this, but I've been hitting a lot of brick walls with sysprep and WIndows 10. I'm rebuilding an image from scratch.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ScottCharlton1, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

I apologize for the confusion on this, but I've been hitting a lot of brick walls with sysprep and WIndows 10.

I'm rebuilding an image from scratch. With Windows 10, should I boot into Audit Mode and install all my applications, and configure my desktop and my start menu, then should I boot out of audit mode and install windows updates? Problem is, once I'm in Audit mode, I can only boot into generalize, and that captures the image which I don't want to do.

So my question is this: Can I install windows 10 updates while in Audit mode? Should I install them in Audit mode?

:)

ScottCharlton1, Jul 26, 2018

2. Audit mode

Hi Diane,

Windows boots into Windows Welcome Mode and Audit Mode. Windows Welcome Mode
    is the first user experience while the Audit mode is used to add customization to Windows images. Sometimes, Windows keeps running in Audit Mode and user has no idea about it, just like in your case. While your machine is running Audit
    Mode when upgrading or reinstalling Windows 10, the upgrade won’t progress.

Here's how to exit from Audit mode to reinstall Windows 10:

• Open the administrative or elevated Command Prompt. Type cmd in the
      Search
      field at the taskbar.
    • Type the following command and press Enter key: sysprep /oobe /generalize
      DISCLAIMER: Running sysprep command each time resets Windows licensing state to default. So if your Windows is activated and you run this command, you’ll need to reactivate Windows after executing this command.

• Once the command IS successfully executed, you’ll be out of Audit Mode. Now you can re-try to upgrade to Windows 10 and it should work.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 26, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 26, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates

1. Windows 10 Audit mode and Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Audit mode Updates

2. I cant update my Windows 10 because of this Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant update my Windows 10 because of this Audit Mode: Pls help me to fix this, I badly want to update my windows 10[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-update-my-windows-10-because-of-this-audit/4479681d-7c28-4c22-be58-04dc21976b1e
  3. Audit mode

Audit mode: How do I get out of audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audit-mode/806c0874-884f-479b-8ddb-dee09d104dc4
  4. What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode?: [ATTACH]Have you ever wondered how OEMs deploy Windows 10 OS with their own set of apps and drivers? Or how does the recovery partition helps […] This article What is Audit Mode in Windows 10? How to boot into or out of Audit Mode? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  5. what is audit mode

what is audit mode: my win 10 won't install because it's in audit mode. what is audit mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-audit-mode/d0b1a6aa-be1e-4abb-b82b-1a3e54675033
  6. Audit Mode and Robocopy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Audit Mode and Robocopy: So today I had an interesting issue. I had a data transfer from an old hard drive to a newly purchased system. It wasnt my system, else I would've follow windows oobe and then transfered the files. Instead, i hit control+shift+F3 to enter audit mode and then I opened PS as...
  7. How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update windows 1803 in audit mode?: Hello, creating a golden image with loads of applications and doing updates, was able to do up to doing the 1803 update which does not allow me to, using windows 10 education, in audit mode. heard of doing an offline update, not sure where to find this info, many thanks 115725
  8. Windows 10 Lock Screen Wallpaper on Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Wallpaper on Audit Mode: I was trying to customize Windows 10 with our corporate backgrounds. The target is to have the same wallpaper and the same Lock Screen Background for each user in the domain. Normally what i did in Windows 7 was perform that modification in Audit Mode, but i'm not able to...
  9. Updating Windows 10 in Audit Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating Windows 10 in Audit Mode: We have a Windows 10 WIM configured with the required software. When I pull down the pre-Syspreped image (which was captured while in Audit Mode), I am unable to use Windows Update to patch the image. How are you folks handling the updates to your gold Windows 10 images?...
  10. Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep: How to: Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep [img] Information First a quote from Microsoft TechNet: Understanding Audit Mode: When Windows boots first time, the computer can start in one of the following two modes: .methodtop { margin: 8px...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 audit mode

2. update winodws 10 in audit mode

3. windows 10 audit mode updates

4. windows 10 audit mode windows update,
  5. can i install updates in windows audit mode