Windows 10: Windows 10 August 19 update

Discus and support Windows 10 August 19 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am having significant issues with my Windows 10 August 19 update. For starters it corrupted my NordVPN drivers which had to be erased and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilliamJenkins3, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 August 19 update

I am having significant issues with my Windows 10 August 19 update. For starters it corrupted my NordVPN drivers which had to be erased and reinstalled. That issue is resolved. The other problem has not been. The system now crashes every 20-40 minutes with an error message of Page fault in non paged are Netwtw06.sys. This is a newer Lenova Yoga 730-15 laptop. Geek squad has already reinstalled the update and all associated drivers to no avail. All help appreciated. Obviously MS is aware of this problem since they get a crash notification every time this happens. 30+ in last four days.

:)

WilliamJenkins3, Aug 26, 2019

2. Update August 18 - 19

TechGuy_82

I proceeded with the steps to remove the updates and all updates were removed, however, after 3 reboots functionality has still not returned. The only current update showing is the security update (KB4508433) installed August 18. All apps listed above are
    still not functioning. All my files, documents, photos, etc are gone. I am not tech savvy in any way, so not exactly sure why this happened, or how I can resolve it. I have paused updates until the 15th, but am uncertain what I can do at this point to restore
    my windows to it's previous state. I am running windows 1903, would that make a difference?

SusanBrennan84, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Update August 18 - 19

the download finished August 19 for Windows 10 has completed and now all my apps are non functional - Mail, Notepadx, Calendar, Todo and Microsoft News. I am being advised that I need to download a new app to refresh/update the existing and the microsoft
    store is also an app that is nonfunctioning. Is there a problem with the update? Also, all my files are now in the recycle bin? Pictures/documents etc. What has the new update improved?

SusanBrennan84, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 August 19 update

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 August 19 update

1. Windows 10 August 19 update - Similar Threads - August update

2. I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august: I don't know the exact details but i had an update installed around juli/august. This gave me nonstop BSOD'S, so i did a system restore which helped and i delayed the update for a while, but I've come to a point where windows won't let me delay it anymore. As soon as i update...
  3. I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD'S for hours since a update i installed in august: I don't know the exact details but i had an update installed around juli/august. This gave me nonstop BSOD'S, so i did a system restore which helped and i delayed the update for a while, but I've come to a point where windows won't let me delay it anymore. As soon as i update...
  4. The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...: When i do click the advanced options and choose the system restore it says it's unable to repair my device and takes me back to the advanced options page or offers to shut down. Also, I tried uninstalling the previous update one of the other options and it's also unable to do...
  5. The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...: When i do click the advanced options and choose the system restore it says it's unable to repair my device and takes me back to the advanced options page or offers to shut down. Also, I tried uninstalling the previous update one of the other options and it's also unable to do...
  6. The newest update august 2023 broke my laptop. It won't start at all and only gives me...

7. August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...

August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...: The title summarizes one of the problems with after multiple attempts of installing and trouble shooting over weeks I have had no success in fixing my issues. But this is only one problem as a second update, 2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  8. August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    August 2023 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems...: The title summarizes one of the problems with after multiple attempts of installing and trouble shooting over weeks I have had no success in fixing my issues. But this is only one problem as a second update, 2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for...
  9. How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?: I have an older Dell desktop with IntelR CoreTM i7-3770, 64-bit with Windows 10 Pro. It has been a good machine for my needs. Since the last Windows 10 update, the Chrome browser hasn't behaved properly. Paramount Plus also hasn't been the same since the update, I'm not in a...
  10. How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I fix numerous issues since the Windows 10 August 22, 2023 update?: I have an older Dell desktop with IntelR CoreTM i7-3770, 64-bit with Windows 10 Pro. It has been a good machine for my needs. Since the last Windows 10 update, the Chrome browser hasn't behaved properly. Paramount Plus also hasn't been the same since the update, I'm not in a...