Windows 10: Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; because i wasn't sure about RAM upgrade effect on Win 10 Don't worry, only MB counts for licensing/activation. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mmTalish33, Sep 29, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade

Don't worry, only MB counts for licensing/activation.

CountMike, Oct 16, 2015
  2. D00B Win User

I've just dropped on this thread via Google, I have just swapped a dodgy RAM stick and now Windows 10 is not activated. Spoken to MS support and they cannot help me. Since the key I have was used originally for Windows 8 all that time ago (and me not having it to hand) there is nothing they can do for me. Windows will not be activated.

3. TheLiger Win User
    Was Windows 10 definitely showing as active before the RAM upgrade? There is no way the RAM should prevent you activating, I done a complete RAM upgrade removing the 2 old sticks and installing two new ones, completely removed both HDD's and replaced them with an SSD and HDD and Windows 10 activated without issue.

TheLiger, Nov 13, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Did you have to re-flash the system BIOS for the upgrade??

BunnyJ, Nov 13, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Have you tried using Showkey Plus from this forum to possibly retrieve the Windows 8 key? Then if you upgrade to Windows 10 build 10586, you might be able to activate by entering the Windows 8 key.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  6. D00B Win User
    Windows was activated before and has been for a while. This was a fresh install of 10 as I had bought a SSD and all was well until the RAM issue

I did not and this was not a issue before tonight as windows was activated.

I have not, I'll download it now and see how we go.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade - Similar Threads - Auto Activation RAM

2. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 not activated after upgrade: I recently installed Windows 10 on my surface pro 3. The device had been sitting in a drawer since 2015, thought I could make use of it again. I upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 pro, as I much prefer Windows 10. It is now telling me my OS is not activated. Are you able to...
  3. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 not activated after upgrade: I recently installed Windows 10 on my surface pro 3. The device had been sitting in a drawer since 2015, thought I could make use of it again. I upgraded the OS from windows 8.1 pro, as I much prefer Windows 10. It is now telling me my OS is not activated. Are you able to...
  4. windows 10 not activated after upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM: i recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and processor.after logging in and updating my drivers my windows started saying "activate windows"after going to the activation page and logging in.the activation wizard fails and then says contact support.i was on windows 10 before...
  6. cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant activate windows after upgrading motherboard, processor and RAM: i recently upgraded my motherboard, RAM and processor.after logging in and updating my drivers my windows started saying "activate windows"after going to the activation page and logging in.the activation wizard fails and then says contact support.i was on windows 10 before...
  7. WIndows 10 activation after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 activation after upgrade: I have an older dell computer that had windows 8.1. When upgrading from 8.1 to 10 the upgrade would fail when almost finished every time I tried. I got it to install by reformatting the drive and installing windows 10, however when it is installed now, it is not activated....
  8. activate ram upgrade

activate ram upgrade: I just installed an additional 4GB on my Inspiron 570..How do I ensure windows 10 is using it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-ram-upgrade/f0820db4-10b9-49bd-a65c-a3a5e3c1395a
  9. Windows 10 Activation after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation after upgrade: Hey so I bought a copy of Windows 10 as well as some upgrades to my computer during Black Friday weekend. I changed my OS from Windows 7 to 10 and after that was all set I swapped my hardware. Now I'm being told that my product key is being used on another device and I can't...
  10. Cant activate windows 10 pro after upgrading MB, CPU, and Ram

Cant activate windows 10 pro after upgrading MB, CPU, and Ram: Hey everyone I recently upgraded my MB, CPU, and Ram and now cant activate windows 10 pro I had Windows 10 home (Have the product key and USB) and upgraded to windows 10 pro through the "Settings" in windows 10, I dont have a product key from when i ungraded to windows...