Windows 10: Windows 10 auto login after few times shut down and turn on

Discus and support Windows 10 auto login after few times shut down and turn on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I dont know why my windows 10 will auto login, is it because of I sign in with Microsoft account? I have try Windows key and R key > netplwiz > Users... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ZI JING, May 29, 2020.

1. ZI JING Win User

Windows 10 auto login after few times shut down and turn on

I dont know why my windows 10 will auto login, is it because of I sign in with Microsoft account?

I have try Windows key and R key > netplwiz > Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer> Apply > OK. This works after I click apply and shut down turn on again. But few days ago, it not work already, the windows 10 auto login again.

I dont want my windows 10 always auto login, I prefer to sign in with password/pin/fingerprint every time I turn on my laptop.

How to solve this?

:)

ZI JING, May 29, 2020

2. Turn off auto-login?

To stop the automatic log-in, please follow the
    auto-login to windows steps listed here
    , except when you get to the point to automatically login, check the box instead. That'll turn it off.

If you want to remove the extra account, you can also do that using the same steps (just click the "remove" button).

And finally, if you want to go back to Windows 8.1, get the Windows 8.1 install files

here

PS. You cannot ever delete the account with the actual name of "administrator" or you will ruin your computer.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 29, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, May 29, 2020
  4. demonguy Win User

How to auto login windows 10 if i use Microsoft account?

I didn't solve this by your suggestion. However, i reinstalled windows10, and log in with Microsoft account from start. Then netplwiz works well.

I found a interesting phenomenon. After unchecking the box of netplwiz, and type a wrong password, netplwiz will also exit with no error. Does it mean netplwiz only sotres the password i input and use this for logging in?

I have two hypothesises about netplwiz.
    1. auto login feature is a kernel feature, netplwiz just call this feature, the password you need to input after unchecking the box is just for authentication of current user.
    2. auto login feature is provided at userspace by netplwiz. the password you need to input after unchecking the box is stored somewhere and netplwiz will use this password to log in windows

At first i think first one is correct, but now it seems that second is correct, am i right?

demonguy, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 auto login after few times shut down and turn on - Similar Threads - auto login few

2. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  3. PC turns on after Shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns on after Shut down: Hello there,to fully explain the situation:My computer turns itself on after pressing a key on my keyboard after I shut it down. I noticed this only occurs when my pc is put to sleep and woken up before I turn it off.I assume it might be a bug connected to the wake up...
  4. Windows 10 auto-prompting for Shut Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 auto-prompting for Shut Down: [ATTACH] My office has been having an issue where Windows 10 prompts for a shut down without warning, while the user is working, without any special button presses. When it does this, it begins the shut down process automatically in the background, closing programs like...
  5. AUTO SHUT DOWN WINDOW

AUTO SHUT DOWN WINDOW: How come my computer got the Auto Shut down Window on my notebook after pre-release upgrade https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-shut-down-window/8d6b7908-f6e6-487d-be2c-acc4633d0eee
  6. Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after

Problem- auto self shutting down and restart auto there after: My pc has problem... go to start up it with power on button and go 3-sec and auto restart repeatedly Before this when was going to startup when entered Windows auto restart repeatedly May power button has problem or... UPS slot Problem... connect to other slot?...
  7. Auto-shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Auto-shut down: After updating to windows 1909, I am experiencing auto shut down issues with my notebook at 20% battery level. So I did reset my pc and the issue is solved like magic but, then after installing all my apps, the issue is back again. My pc specs:- HP omen 15 i7-8750h gtx1050...
  8. Windows shut down after turn on

Windows shut down after turn on: Hi, Today i iipdated my old sony vaio laptop windows 7 home to windows 10. After everything is doen, the start up was in safe mode. Fonts were really huge. After sucessfully turning it on it shut down itself within 5-10 seconds. The problem hapeens everytime. Now I cannot...
  9. Laptop shuts down after few minutes (Windows 10)

Laptop shuts down after few minutes (Windows 10): Hi there! I have an Asus Laptop with windows 10 and few days ago it started to turn off after I turned it on. It let's me turn on the computer and start session but then it sunddenly turns off without loosing anything. If I turn it on again everything is exactly as...
  10. PC shuts down after turning it on

PC shuts down after turning it on: Hello. I have a problem with my pc. I have windows 10 installed, and have formatted and installed windows all over again trying to fix this problem but it didn't do it. When I turn on my pc, the windows logo appears for a few seconds and then the computer shuts off. When I...