Windows 10: windows 10 auto logoff

Discus and support windows 10 auto logoff in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I turn this feature off. Under power settings I have the screen set to turn off at 2 hours. I have used this setting forever and when I return... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by cbotari, Apr 29, 2020.

1. cbotari Win User

windows 10 auto logoff

How do I turn this feature off.
    Under power settings I have the screen set to turn off at 2 hours. I have used this setting forever and when I return and move the mouse it comes back on. Now all of the sudden it is logging out.
    Screen saver is set to none.

:)

cbotari, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 29, 2020
  4. jones1941 Win User

windows 10 auto logoff

How do I set auto logoff to specific time after idle?

How do I set auto logoff time after system idle on Windows 10?

Moved from Insider

jones1941, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 auto logoff

1. windows 10 auto logoff - Similar Threads - auto logoff

2. I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing: Please solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanna-my-laptop-stop-auto-repairing/19c0752c-d979-42a8-82e5-0a177077bb68
  3. I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I wanna my laptop stop auto repairing: Please solve my problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-wanna-my-laptop-stop-auto-repairing/19c0752c-d979-42a8-82e5-0a177077bb68
  4. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  5. Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 unexpected auto-logoff: I have installed Win 11 TWICE. I ran into a strange issue that I couldn't resolve on both occasions. I am not tech ignorant. The issue:After I log in to my desktop, within about 30 seconds, regardless of activity using the computer or not, it will log me off, presenting a...
  6. [Parental Control] [Windows 10 Pro] Auto Logoff/Lock Doesn't Work even when correctly set up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Parental Control] [Windows 10 Pro] Auto Logoff/Lock Doesn't Work even when correctly set up: [ATTACH] As the title says , i set it up correctly and yet the automatic/forced logoff doesn't work even the logon time expires , what are the solutions for this...
  7. Auto-LogOff

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-LogOff: I need a solution either for server 2016&2019 or for Windows 10. That will force a logoff after a user has been inactive for 6 hours. Some specifics; 1. I don't care about their data or if they have saved their work. They need to be logged off after 6hrs. 2. The auto...
  8. Auto logoff time is too short

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto logoff time is too short: My laptop is too quick to shut off windows; I can't afford to waste time logging on with password every time I turn away to check paperwork. I estimate it closes after only maybe two minutes though I haven'[t timed it. I'd prefer it kept the screen I'm using open for at...
  9. How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to auto-logoff of browser sessions when closing Edge: I can't seem to find a setting that will either clear my Edge cookies or do whatever is necessary to log my Google account out when I close the Edge browser. As much as I prefer my family not go through my stuff, I don't want to see theirs after they're done using the...
  10. Auto logoff in a timeframe.

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto logoff in a timeframe.: I know how to block out time the pc can't be used in earlier Windows versions, but I don't see how in WIN10. Is it still possible? How? Thanks. 51874