Windows 10: Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port

Discus and support Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a USB PTT microphone connected to a Windows 10 workstation. The system detects the device correctly as shown in the sound setting of the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Reefdiver05, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port

I have a USB PTT microphone connected to a Windows 10 workstation. The system detects the device correctly as shown in the sound setting of the system tray. In my case, it displays "C-Media USB Headphone Set". However, when I unplug the microphone USB cable and plug it back into a different USP port, the computer renames the device "2- C-Media USB Headphone Set". Can anyone explain why it thinks it is a different/duplicate device? And how I can prevent it from renaming the device if possible?

:)

Reefdiver05, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Groggubus Win User

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile.

Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound.

Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top tow devices that disconnect and reconnect. I'm unsure what they are and how to solve the problem.

It doesnt happen 24/7, but sometimes it will do it for 40 mins and sometimes 5 mins then stop etc etc, very random.

I dont have any External HDD plugged into drives J K L M, but they normally get assigned to .iso's or Portable HDD's.

Groggubus, Aug 13, 2020
  3. novaforce Win User
    USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

I turned off Power Management but no luck. As for the Resources tab in Device Manager, it's not showing up for my network adapter. I tried reinstalling it and updating it but it's not showing up.

Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port [​IMG]

novaforce, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port

All USB ports disconnect and reconnect sometimes?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that USB ports are disconnected and reconnected randomly.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. USB drivers are corrupt.

2. USB port is not working.

3. Hardware issue.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press “Windows Key + W”.

b) Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
    Enter

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers from device manager and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key + R, type devmgmt.msc.

b) Expand the USB controllers, click on the drivers.

c) Click on properties, click on uninstall tab.

d) Click OK.

Note: Reboot the computer and it will automatically update drivers.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port

1. Windows 10 Auto Renaming Sound Device when Disconnected/Reconnected to USB Port - Similar Threads - Auto Renaming Sound

2. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  3. USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Devices disconnecting then reconnecting.: Around a week ago I reset my pc, and now for some reason, at random intervals, even up to every few seconds, all these usb devices all disconnect then reconnect, which include my keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what could be causing this and I've already ran sfc & dism,...
  4. all usb ports disconnect and reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    all usb ports disconnect and reconnect: for some time i had a issue with my usb ports disconnecting and reconnecting at times but it has mostly been once or twice a day and some days with no issue. but yesterday a purchased a new wireless headset and now the issue has become way more frequent. whenever i start a...
  5. USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly

USB Ports disconnecting and reconnecting mouse randomly: Hi! I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The...
  6. Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Front USB ports keep disconnecting and reconnecting?: As the title says, the front USBs keep disconnecting and reconnecting. It only seems to be the front ports too. I've tried troubleshooting and reinstalling drivers, yet no difference was made. Any help? submitted by /u/Squiddy_101 [link] [comments]...
  7. USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting

USB ports on front of case disconnecting and reconnecting: the title says it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-ports-on-front-of-case-disconnecting-and/5cbc2b98-1eef-45ce-b3eb-8cfe1c93d552
  8. USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting

USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting: USB ports reconnecting and disconnecting at random times. I built this computer and its been happening after 2 months since pc was built. I checked for updates are hardware and windows 10. Everything is up to date. Anybody have any ideas? Could it be that my power supply...
  9. USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting

USB devices disconnecting/reconnecting: Hello everyone! Lately I've been experiencing a problem with my network adapter (and other USB devices along with it) disconnecting and reconnecting. And before anyone asks yes, I've searched whole internet upside down for answers and tried every possible fix that I could...
  10. USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting

USB Devices Disconnecting/Reconnecting: Hey guys. I'm not quite sure how to explain my issue in a way that is most helpful, but for some reason, my USB devices keep disconnecting/reconnecting..in some instances my USB connection for my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and my Microsoft SideWinder X6 keyboard will...