Windows 10: Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent

Discus and support Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My active hour is set from 9:00 to 3:00 (18 hours). Why does windows keep scheduling the update in the afternoon!?? I just went to the toilet for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yhrcyt, Apr 11, 2019.

1. yhrcyt Win User

Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent

My active hour is set from 9:00 to 3:00 (18 hours). Why does windows keep scheduling the update in the afternoon!?? I just went to the toilet for a while (in the afternoon, 16:00), and when I came back, my computer is restarting TOTALLY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. It's the 2nd time now. I'm so pissed off!!! How can I disable this crap from ever happening again??

:)

yhrcyt, Apr 11, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Apr 11, 2019
  3. Laurijan Win User

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent

1. Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent - Similar Threads - auto restarted inside

2. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  3. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  4. Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto upgrade to windows enterprise without my consent: Hello, I recently activated a windows 10 Home version on my new laptop. However I was shocked to discover that in my next bootup of computer, windows require another activation. Anyone knows how to reverse the upgrade? Thank you...
  5. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?: Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it restarts without asking. I've disabled the automatic restarts in the Windows settings (Advanced options\Update options\Restart...
  6. Why does Windows 10 insist on restarting my PC without my consent?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does Windows 10 insist on restarting my PC without my consent?: Every single day for the last couple weeks Windows has popped up a "Restart your PC" box, to which I put it off since it's right in the middle of my work day. When I go to shut the computer down you would expect to see the "Update and restart" button but you don't so I just...
  7. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent: I hate that Windows 10 restarts automatically without my consent just to install new updates I didnt asked for. It made me lost a day of work and I just have to write everything I had worked for all over again. I do not want to hear the excuse of "You didn't save your work?"....
  8. Without my consent.

Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...
  9. Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent

Windows 10 reformats my drive without my consent: How did you guys do the recovery drive function??? This is garbage!!! Okay, you first tell me that I better create one, so I plug in my backup drive with my stuff Then you tell me you need to reformat my drive before start, I click no. Why the hell are you reformatting...
  10. Specify Max Active Hours Range for Auto-restarts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Specify Max Active Hours Range for Auto-restarts in Windows 10: How to: Specify Max Active Hours Range for Auto-restarts in Windows 10 How to Specify Max Active Hours Range for Auto-restarts in Windows 10 Active hours identify the period of time when you expect the device to be in use. Automatic restarts after an update will occur...