Windows 10: Windows 10 auto restarts

Discus and support Windows 10 auto restarts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried to stop pc from restarting automatically and following different site suggestions has not worked. Suggestions please. 69204 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsscgirl, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Windows 10 auto restarts

I have tried to stop pc from restarting automatically and following different site suggestions has not worked. Suggestions please.

:)

bobsscgirl, Nov 7, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 7, 2016
  4. Windows 10 auto restarts

TairikuOkami, Nov 7, 2016
  5. Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked.

bobsscgirl, Nov 8, 2016
  6. pepanee Win User
    Supposedly this solution works: Disable automatic restart Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

I did those steps (going to gpedit.msc, etc..) because I want to disable the computer from auto-restarting. There is a bug in Windows 10.

I access my computer remotely sometimes from my phone. Yet if I'm not near the computer, and auto updates restarted the computer, then the computer isn't going to fully turn on! I have BitLocker enabled on my hard drive. This means that I need to be at the computer, locally, to type in the password, to start up the computer. Auto updates causes the computer to restart, yet BitLocker prevents it from fully starting back up. This issue needs to be reviewed by Microsoft for some solution in Windows 10.

But I found that link up there earlier today, and that is definitely a more preferred option, assuming that it works! I hope it does!

pepanee, Nov 8, 2016
  7. "Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Nov 9, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 auto restarts

Check the power management settings of devices in Devices Manager, particularly that network adapter setting "Allow this device to wake computer" is turned off.

Steve C, Nov 10, 2016
  9. pepanee Win User
    Oh I'm sorry. I replied with what I wrote above in response to one of the other replies. I assumed that your computer auto restarts because of Windows Updates, since that's also the only time it restarts over here.

When does your computer restart? At night when you're not using it? Just randomly while you're using it?

Also to avoid your computer into trying to load a different hard drive in the beginning has to do with your BIOS. Look up online how to figure out what BIOS you have and how to access it, in order to prioritize your main drive at startup.

pepanee, Nov 10, 2016
  10. Cromax Win User
    computer is probably overheating.. so when cpu gets to 100°C it restarts automatically cause it has failsafe in bios.. probably cpu fan or whatever you have died..

Cromax, Nov 10, 2016
  11. pepanee Win User
    wow.. 100°C is VERY hot. Water's boiling point.

pepanee, Nov 10, 2016
  12. Cromax Win User
    yes and when it gets above 100+ degrees cpu instruction pipelines degrade and cpu performance gets lower which is permanent

Cromax, Nov 10, 2016
  13. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 auto restarts

If the CPU was overheating that badly you should hear an audio alarm unless turned off in the BIOS.

Steve C, Nov 10, 2016
  14. Cromax Win User
    i actually didnt have sound it just restarted when ever it hit temperature.. ofc he should check temperatures if they get above 85 °C i would be worried.. if temperatures are fine and its random restarts then its probably psu failing

Cromax, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 auto restarts

1. Windows 10 auto restarts - Similar Threads - auto restarts

2. how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened: how to stop the auto restart when lid is opened .. Lenovo ideapad slim 3II have purchased the lenovo idea pad slim 3i laptop yesterday . Here after shutting down the laptop and we close the lid . After sometime if we try to open the lid of laptop it restarts automatically....
  3. Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer: My dota2, COD always crashes at start of the game. And i have to force restarts or it will blank screen and auto restart on its own. Hardly happens again after. Only once or twice during COD it might crash again. Crash = Blank screen, auto/force restart. Only two BSOD in...
  4. Auto restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto restart?: I don't mean just a scheduled restart, but a scheduled restart that, when finished, goes straight to the desktop. Do I need to create a new user without a password or something else? submitted by /u/Ju1c3_ [link] [comments]...
  5. No BIOS option for auto restart after power outage on windows 10 - HP Z2 Tower

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No BIOS option for auto restart after power outage on windows 10 - HP Z2 Tower: The advance power recovery option to auto power on PC is missing from BIOS. I also can't find any power jumper on the MB. Nothing available on the user manual. Need a way to make PC automatically turn on after power outage as this machine is my new server....
  6. How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.: How do i disable auto-restart after windows update forever? I am so sick and tired of comming in to work after the computer has been rendering over the night and everything is just lost because Windows 10 absolutely needs to delete all my unsaved work once a week. So sick and...
  7. Windows 10 Auto Random Restart

Windows 10 Auto Random Restart: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffe00c9dcf1010, 0xfffff8049b4678d0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f22d98cf-0bd4-4218-a4da-2800616f8afe. The computer has rebooted...
  8. How to specify deadline before auto-restart for Update installation in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to specify deadline before auto-restart for Update installation in Windows 10: [ATTACH]On Windows 10, Microsoft has rolled out a setting which notifies you after downloading a feature update in Windows 10. In the end, you have […] This article How to specify deadline before auto-restart for Update installation in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  9. Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart?

Windows Audio Graph Isolation failing and not fixing issue upon auto-restart?: Often times, audiodg.exe fails and then auto-reboots. Like many issues people have had, this process has resulted in high CPU, however the difference is, sound is not restored. If I end the task to force it to reboot, sound is restored, but only for a short amount of time....
  10. Blue Screen Auto Restart

Blue Screen Auto Restart: Please help. I am losing my mind here with these restarts interrupting me every couple of hours. Stop code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: Netwtw06.sys Dump files and msinfo32 in this linked folder below....