Windows 10: Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection

Discus and support Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will identify the cause and then provide the resolution to the issue of a second screen or projector mode that does […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 5, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection

WinClub, Apr 5, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Projector Screens

So I just got a projector. It's nothing special, just an old Dell 2300MP. I mainly got it because it was only a couple hundred bucks and the biggest screen I previously had to watch movies on is my 24" LCD. Now I'm trying to decide what to go with as far as a projector screen.

The previous owner recommended painting a bed sheet stretched over a wood frame. Hundreds of retailers and Ebay sellers have projector screens of incredible price variance, and even more web sites and forums have instructions for DIY screens. I've now read about more kinds of paint and materials than I previously knew to exist.

Finally, overwhelmed, flabbergasted, and with a slight headache, I decided to come and ask my good friends here at TPU. What do you guys suggest for a projector screen?

Things to be aware of:
    · a dark environment is available; this will be going in a basement room with no windows
    · I'm removing the wall paneling from where this is going an replacing it with sheetrock or whatever is recommended, if using the wall as the screen is suggested
    · current projector may be unimpressive, but may be replaced with something better/higher res later on, so I still want to do this as nicely as possible in my budget
    · my budget is only ~$100, but so other people can be helped by this topic as well, general advice and all ranges of projector screens are welcome
    · for the sake of room acoustics, I would prefer a screen that does not reflect a lot of sound, so some type of acoustically transparent surface (fabric) would be ideal, but I can work with anything (acoustic foam will be elsewhere in the room, amount and placement dependent on other factors including this screen)
    · due to room limitations I can only place the projector about 15' from the screen
    · for noise control, the projector (and computers) may be placed outside the room and project through a window—I'm open to suggestions on said window (plexiglass?)

All in all, I have found a lot of experience, insight, and knowledge resides here at TPU so I hope to get a good conversation going that will help others on this topic as well. I'll update this first post with the most useful info put forward in this thread.

TIGR, Apr 5, 2020
  3. AN_7 Win User
    How to send image to projector?

Hi Steven,

The first step: check if an HDMI cable is connected and plugged properly. Then press the Windows key + P, and then select one of these options to configure multiple screen display:

PC screen only. In this case you'll see everything on your PC. If you use a wireless projector, this option changes to Disconnect.

Duplicate. You’ll see the same images on both screens.

Extend. You'll be able to extend your image across two screens.

Second screen only. The image will be shown on the connected (second) screen. The first screen will be blank.

To send an image to the projector you need Miracast. Check please if your PC and the projector support this program. Press the Windows key + P, choose Connect to a wireless display, select a projector.

If the issue persists, check if your projector is functioning properly. Connect it to another device with Windows 10. If these steps don’t work, get in touch with your projector manufacturer.

Thanks,

Andrew N.

AN_7, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection

Reverting Screen Resolution after disconnecting projector

Hi Jimmy,

Based on your description of the issue regarding your desktop's resolution after unplugging your projector, there's a possibility that your
    graphic's card driver is outdated. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest
    checking updates in Windows 10 and see if the same issue will occur the next time you disconnect your projector. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection

1. Windows 10 auto reverts Second Screen or Projector Mode to Last active selection - Similar Threads - auto reverts Second

2. Second screen not active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second screen not active: I've been trying for two months to connect my laptop HP to my new TV TCL with android TV via HDMI, but it's not working. I've already tried solutions listed here and here except for the last two and also I tried simpler solutions as change HDMI cable. If I connect my laptop...
  3. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Auto-Select: Hello.For some reason whenever I click on Cortana it keeps auto selecting the top option All and the place where I can type, making it impossible to actually type things. It does this in all place run by windows including settings, but doesn’t do it anywhere else.I have...
  4. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Auto-Select: Hello.For some reason whenever I click on Cortana it keeps auto selecting the top option All and the place where I can type, making it impossible to actually type things. It does this in all place run by windows including settings, but doesn’t do it anywhere else.I have...
  5. Windows Auto-Select

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Split Screen not prompting to select second window: When I use keyboard shortcut Windows key + Left/Right arrow, it snaps and resizes the current window accordingly but does not prompt to select the second screen to display on the opposite side. Once it is snapped, I can use the shortcut again and it prompts to select the...
  7. Windows auto-selecting the last option in settings menus and other areas.

Windows auto-selecting the last option in settings menus and other areas.: As of yesterday, whenever I go into the settings, Windows will usually auto select the last option. Not open it, but it will be stuck on it and I can't unselect it. For example, if I select Apps and view Apps and Features, it will automatically select the last item in the...
  8. Auto selecting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto selecting in windows 10: Whenever I open the windows pop-up menu, sound adjuster ?, wifi pop-up box, or anything related to settings, Windows automatically scrolls directly to the bottom of the page and selects everything to either the right or left at the same time, making me unable to do anything...
  9. Windows 10 Tablet Mode - enable last active application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tablet Mode - enable last active application: Hi all, We have tablets across our business that are running Windows 10, and will be used in Tablet Mode due to a project we have up and coming. We need the devices to run in tablet mode so that the onscreen keyboard appears and the apps run in full screen. The issue we...
  10. Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode

Adding a second monitor and selecting expanded mode: Have attempted to add a second monitor via vga switch cable. Both Monitors respond but can not switch to expanded mode. When click display settings the expand option does not come up in the multi display listing. When press detect only one monitor is detected. Are there...