Windows 10: Windows 10 auto-rotation problem

Discus and support Windows 10 auto-rotation problem in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a Samsung U28E850R 4K Monitor, going for the rotated model, but while I've Googled and eventually managed to get Windows 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by DVDfever, Jun 23, 2017.

1. DVDfever Win User

Windows 10 auto-rotation problem

Hi, I recently bought a Samsung U28E850R 4K Monitor, going for the rotated model, but while I've Googled and eventually managed to get Windows 10 to bring back the Rotation Lock option on the right-hand menu thing, and I've tried a number of setting changes in the auto-rotation section within the Registry, nothing is working, here.

When I rotate the monitor, it says '90 degrees' or '0 degrees' depending which way I've turned it, but the portrait/landscape still has to be changed on the PC, which is a royal pain when I have to move the mouse at a 90-degree angle - it's like a task in the Crystal Maze!

Any further Googling just brings up how to solve this on tablets but NOTHING for Desktop *Sad

Can someone help, please? Ta.

:)

DVDfever, Jun 23, 2017

2. Auto Screen Rotation on Lenovo Flex 2 14

I have the ASUS Vivotab tablet using Windows 10. I didn't have the auto rotation problem a few days ago. But I think that after an update this feature has disappeared. I can't auto rotate my screen and I can't find any auto rotate seetings any more.

Pls fix.

ΣτέργιοςΤόζας, Jun 23, 2017
  3. fluggy55 Win User
    Acre One 10 cant autorotate after windows 10 upgrade.

After an upgrade to windows 10 the auto rotate feature is completely missing from all areas on my ACER One 10. The screen of course cannot auto rotate I tried:

Press and hold the "Alt key" and tap on the "up arrow key" to rotate the screen, That did not work

Click on the display settings. Check the auto rotation option over there. The auto rotation option is not availableI went to Control Panel. Then click on the Display. Attempted to Change Display Settings and then
    make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected. The "allow the screen to auto-rotate" option was not there. I Clicked on the notification icon. The brightness option over there but no lock screen icon.

Please Help.

fluggy55, Jun 23, 2017
  4. pbcopter Win User

Hi and welcome.

I can't help with the auto rotate part but since I don't have auto rotate, I change the PC to either portrait or landscape before I rotate the monitor. This saves having to move the mouse a a 90 ° angle.

pbcopter, Jun 23, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 auto-rotation problem - Similar Threads - auto rotation problem

2. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  3. Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rotation Lock / auto rotate not present: I just purchased a brand new Surface Pro 9, upgrading from my older Surface Pro. There is no option to auto-rotate the display. I used to have a rotation lock or auto rotate option in my quick settings and in the display settings, but there is nothing there. All I am able to...
  4. auto rotation

in Windows 10 Customization
    auto rotation: auto rotation does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotation/67d77ca5-c144-400c-8cbe-779f9d21d4a0
  5. windows 10 auto screen rotation

windows 10 auto screen rotation: I have a Lenova Think Pad. it was switching the screen rotation, then it stopped and I cannot change the screen rotation lock, It is grayed out and unaccessable. also it will no longer ask if I want to switch to tablet mode,...
  6. Auto Rotate

Auto Rotate: How do I get Auto Rotate to stay on when I go between PC and Tablet. I like to use it in Tablet Mode. Are how do I get it to turn on. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-rotate/e8c8596d-cfba-41f3-8186-7111c8284ab7
  7. auto rotate

auto rotate: Why is there no allow auto rotate option since last windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotate/52cf6afa-33d4-4455-8d47-1a2f6cb56a0f
  8. auto-rotating

auto-rotating: How can I make my windows tablet auto rotate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotating/ee898242-2b27-45e9-b96e-d3578554f0cd
  9. Auto rotation

Auto rotation: How do I turn off auto rotation it is grayed out on my windows 10 HP laptop after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/auto-rotation/190acc45-cb33-4bd6-b924-a814b18fe08d
  10. Linx 10 auto rotate

in Windows 10 Support
    Linx 10 auto rotate: Good morning all! I recently bought a Linx 10 32 gig tablet / pc. Everything worked really well including auto rotation. However, since docking it with a keyboard, it stuck in landscape mode even when I undock it. I have installed the latest display driver. I was...