Windows 10: Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

Discus and support Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It randomly occurred two days after I disabled my mouse from waking the computer. No scrolling occurs on websites, only in windows system menus. Keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PrometheousJames, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

It randomly occurred two days after I disabled my mouse from waking the computer. No scrolling occurs on websites, only in windows system menus. Keep in mind I'm an IT professional and have never seen this. I've uninstalled the mouse and keyboard drives and rebooted, I have created another profile and signed into it; the problem persists there, I ran sfc /scannnow, I ran dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and nothing has stopped this issue.

:)

PrometheousJames, Jul 17, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus

How do I restore the functionality of Windows 10 so that I can navigate and select options in system menus and they actually activate the option selection?
    Beginning about 2 weeks ago, randomly I could not clear the notifications from the notifications area. Rebooting seemed to clear the problem at first, but now not at all. Also, shortly after that problem began my start menu began going haywire, auto scrolling
    to the bottom of the menu and not allowing me to select any program/option including turning off my computer. The auto scrolling to the bottom also began happening in any system window (i.e "settings" although I can navigate through the control panel and
    select options/tasks). I have researched the problem and have done the following:
    1. changed usb ports and blown them out
    2. rebooted
    3. ran an sfc/scannow in safemode. This returned this message "Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them." The solution given for this said: "indicates a problem. In this latter case, type (or copy and paste) DISM
      /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth into the PowerShell window and press the [Return] key. This will download files from Windows Update to replace the corrupt ones and, again, this may take some time." When I did as instructed, I received a message that
      the restore health command was not found or not executable. So I moved to ...
    4. reinstalled all windows apps: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} - this did not fix the problem.
    5. refreshed windows in safemode (complete reinstall leaving all my files intact). unable to run "update" because it did not fix the problem. I do seem to have the most recent security updates and Windows10 update: KB4485449 and KB4456655
    6. uninstalled the drivers for my graphics card - this seemed to work, but all soon as a I began customizing my computer (themes, etc), the autoscrolling began all over almost immediately.
    7. I've also switched out my mouse to a brand new Logitech mouse - did not fix the problem.
    8. unplugged my Logitech keyboard - did not fix the problem.
    My keyboard and mouse work perfectly fine in any other non-Microsoft software. These problems seem 100% associated with Windows 10/Microsoft. I can perform almost no system tasks outside of the control panel and within the control panel, only so long
    as the task doesn't require the launch of the settings windows. And this auto scroll/unable to select problem is also happening in Edge, but not in Chrome or Firefox. Using Edge, I cannot select the proper category for this question because it auto scrolls
    to what seems to be the last category on the category dropdown list: community participation center. So, I downloaded Chrome to be able to even contact you and send this question. Please help.

RobinLaber, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus

1. Do you have a middle mouse wheel?

If yes, you may have possibly locked it in when scrolling.

Try pressing the middle mouse wheel to see it it stops the auto scrolling issue.

2. Is the system in normal Windows mode?

Press the Up Arrow then Press the Down Arrow.

Do this at least two or three times to determine if this will stop the auto scrolling issue.

3. Press Winkey + X to open Start Right Click Menu

Use the Arrow keys to Scroll Up to PowerShell (Admin)

Type the following into the Window Press Enter after each command.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

sfc /scannow

When the scans are finished, determine if auto scrolling has ceased.

Smittychat., Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus

1. Windows 10 Auto Scrolling in system menus - Similar Threads - Auto Scrolling system

2. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  3. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  4. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Auto Scrolling In Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling In Menus: Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was just a glitch that would go away with a restart of my laptop or update but no, now it scrolls up instead for some reason. Is...
  6. Windows menus selection auto scroll to top

Windows menus selection auto scroll to top: It's not my mouse or keyboard as the problem persists even if I disconnect one of them. I've done the scans from command prompt, it found corrupted files and fixed them. Restarted and still no fix. Is there anything else I can do? If I hold down on the keyboard it can beat...
  7. Scrolling on Windows menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling on Windows menus: Hi, I'm having a bug where on windows system menus search bar, device manager it automatically scrolls to the bottom. This makes it impossible to use the search bar and frustrating to use other features. I have reinstalled drivers for mouse and keyboard but it's not an issue...
  8. Windows system menus stuck scrolling down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system menus stuck scrolling down: Windows system menus upon opening automatically go all the way to the bottom of the page. I cannot perform any windows system actions. Does not occur in any applications other than windows system. I have reinstalled mouse drivers, used every usb port on my pc, tried a...
  9. Windows 10 System Auto-Scroll

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 System Auto-Scroll: Hey guys, I'm having a problem with Windows 10, and it looks like some other people online have had the same problem (to no real solution). It seems that Windows 10 is locked in perpetual scrolling. Notably, ONLY System related things, not any applications, such as File...
  10. Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus

Windows 10 auto scrolling in system menus: How do I restore the functionality of Windows 10 so that I can navigate and select options in system menus and they actually activate the option selection? Beginning about 2 weeks ago, randomly I could not clear the notifications from the notifications area. Rebooting seemed...