Windows 10: Windows 10 auto-shutdowns often – it seems after maximilized window minimization

Discus and support Windows 10 auto-shutdowns often – it seems after maximilized window minimization in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have trouble when system shuts down itself with no evident reason. There is only quick command line flash then some annoucement dialog then system is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by User919, May 27, 2019.

1. User919 Win User

Windows 10 auto-shutdowns often – it seems after maximilized window minimization

I have trouble when system shuts down itself with no evident reason. There is only quick command line flash then some annoucement dialog then system is shutted down. It is really quick shutdown with no built-in support to save work and none application is auto-opened after switching on as on regulary switch off.

I found few related posts so I guess this is not uknown issue. None one of them is providing any solution.

There are 2 related events to this (taken from Event Viewer):

1. Shutdown.exe call.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="User32" Guid="{b0aa8734-56f7-41cc-b2f4-de228e98b946}" EventSourceName="User32" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">1074</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-27T20:35:33.708880400Z" />
    <EventRecordID>22025</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1132" ThreadID="1148" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PC</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1596021837-3782674254-2201605451-1001" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">C:\Windows\system32\shutdown.exe (PC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">PC</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">No title found for this reason.</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">0x800000ff</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">Shutdown</Data>
    <Data Name="param6" />
    <Data Name="param7">PC\User name</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

2. Kernel API reasoned kernel power initiated shutdown.

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>109</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>103</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000404</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-05-27T20:35:43.332829200Z" />
    <EventRecordID>22038</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="1240" ThreadID="1244" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="ShutdownActionType">4</Data>
    <Data Name="ShutdownEventCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ShutdownReason">5</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

It seems this happens after maximalized application minimization thus could relate to wallpaper presentation or similar.

I did try:
    1) sfc /scannow
    2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    3) mdsched.exe
    4) antivirus check in important files

:)

User919, May 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 27, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 27, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 auto-shutdowns often – it seems after maximilized window minimization

Delta6326, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 auto-shutdowns often – it seems after maximilized window minimization - Similar Threads - auto shutdowns often

2. windows 10 update 94% auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update 94% auto shutdown: Hello,This problem has been bothered me for a long time. My win10 version is 1909, and I hope to update to the newest version. However, the pc will automatically shut down when the downloading process hits 94% every time, literally every time!and the PC reboot, and then the...
  3. Turn off auto-minimize windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  4. Auto Shutdown Windows 10

Auto Shutdown Windows 10: I have a Dell G5 SE 5505 gaming laptop and while I am using it when it is unplugged from the battery. It is really unpredictable. And then, when I do F2 boot options and scan hardware, then nothing comes up. In addition to that, the time the battery last has dropped from 5...
  5. Auto shutdown after login

Auto shutdown after login: My friend's desktop just shuts itself down after a minute of login. Tried blowing dust out, cleaning ram, nothing works. Any suggestions? submitted by /u/Vendetta_47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e868cs/auto_shutdown_after_login/
  6. windows 10 often don't reboot and don't shutdown

windows 10 often don't reboot and don't shutdown: Hi, My system don't reboot and don't shutdown (only when I have lucky do it). I suspect the problem is the update 1909. But there is no way come back to 1903. I have the last motherboard bios update. With restore the configuration of 10-15 days ago work initially and...
  7. Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 “Locking” auto shutdown after 1 min: Hi community and microsoft,i have a big problem. I turn on my computer,i login and after 1-2 min,my computer auto shutdown,but before that i get bluescreen “LOCKING” message.I turn on and after 1 min is happend the same thing.I try to create a short task for shutdown and to...
  8. Settings window keeps auto minimizing

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings window keeps auto minimizing: I've had my laptop for 3 years now, and all of a sudden the Settings window has started to minimize automatically. It remains open for anywhere between 0.5 to 3 seconds, and then auto minimizes. This only happens with the Settings window for some reason?? This is a fairly...
  9. How to auto shutdown after installing a windows update?

How to auto shutdown after installing a windows update?: Hello i'm going to sleep and I want to know how to auto shutdown my PC after windows update is complete. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-auto-shutdown-after-installing-a-windows/56d20ce2-1d71-4cd7-98ea-eec195c75998
  10. window 10 auto shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 auto shutdown: How do I change the auto shut down on window 10. I would like it to stay on for 30 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-auto-shutdown/2def7243-e1d8-49ae-97e5-a44aba5111b2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown reason kernel api

2. The kernel power manager has initiated a shutdown transition. Shutdown Reason: Kernel API

3. shutdown reason: kernel api shutdownreason 5