Windows 10: Windows 10 auto unmuting

Discus and support Windows 10 auto unmuting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I originally posted this question in the Outlook section but was asked to move it here as this aut0-unmute is happening with other types of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rapture RS, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 auto unmuting

Hi,

I originally posted this question in the Outlook section but was asked to move it here as this aut0-unmute is happening with other types of activity and causing my speakers to un-mute by themselves. The moderator suggested I ask the question in this section.

I have an unusual condition that has been happening the past few months. My Bluetooth connected speakers (HK Nova) will un-mute automatically when there is some type of activity in Outlook such as receiving new mail. (they also unmute for other actions such as a YouTube video starting in MS Edge) I have Office 365 ProPlus and run Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro. All software is up to date. This started happening a few months ago. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the speaker driver and some other things but this condition still persists. If Outlook is closed the condition does not manifest itself.

Within the Outlook sound options for new messages, alerts, etc. I have turned off the option to play a sound and it appears that has stopped the auto-unmute from happening when those events happen.

Within speaker properties, I do not allow Apps to take Exclusive Control of the audio device.

It seems that activity that would typically make use of the sound, simply turns it on automatically. I'm stumped.

Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions on how to correct this behavior?

Thank you,

:)

Rapture RS, Mar 5, 2019

2. unmute microphone in taskbar

Hi Ruth,

This issue might have been caused by a misconfigured settings or incompatible driver. For us to unmute the microphone, please follow these steps:

• At the system tray, right-click on the volume icon.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • On the Sound window, make sure that you are on the Recording tab.
    • On the list of recording devices, double-click on your microphone device.
    • Properties window will open. Click on Levels tab.
    • Increase the Microphone slider to maximum.
    • Click the speaker icon next to it to unmute the microphone.
    • Click on Apply, and then click on OK to save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Can't unmute microphone?

Hi,

In general, the microphone is on mute. We'd like to clarify following steps that you've done and ask you a few questions:

• When you unmute the microphone, is it via Recording tab under
      Recording devices?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are there any newly installed applications that may have caused this?
    • Is this an on going issue or recent?

Erika Aro, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 auto unmuting

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 auto unmuting

1. Windows 10 auto unmuting - Similar Threads - auto unmuting

2. A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...: I encounter this error almost every time the pc turns off the monitors.I used to have three monitors and never had this problem, but now I have a new fourth monitor and I am forever running into this problem.I also sometimes notice this notification from NVIDIA, maybe the...
  3. A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen. You can have only one auto-hide...: I encounter this error almost every time the pc turns off the monitors.I used to have three monitors and never had this problem, but now I have a new fourth monitor and I am forever running into this problem.I also sometimes notice this notification from NVIDIA, maybe the...
  4. Jak zatrzymać mikrofon przed auto-regulowaniem swojej głośności?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jak zatrzymać mikrofon przed auto-regulowaniem swojej głośności?: Czesc, mam taki problem że niewazne co zrobie, moj mikrofon reguluje swoja glosnosc. probowalem wchodzic w te rozwiazywanie problemow ale pisalo ze nic nie bylo problemem i tyle, niewiem co robie zle, w komunikacji juz klikalem zeby nic nie robilo, a w zaawanzowanych dla...
  5. Jak zatrzymać mikrofon przed auto-regulowaniem swojej głośności?

Jak zatrzymać mikrofon przed auto-regulowaniem swojej głośności?: Czesc, mam taki problem że niewazne co zrobie, moj mikrofon reguluje swoja glosnosc. probowalem wchodzic w te rozwiazywanie problemow ale pisalo ze nic nie bylo problemem i tyle, niewiem co robie zle, w komunikacji juz klikalem zeby nic nie robilo, a w zaawanzowanych dla...
  6. Jak zatrzymać mikrofon przed auto-regulowaniem swojej głośności?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  8. Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!

Following last round of Win 11 auto-updates, Chrome disappears, Edge becomes 'default browser'!: Running Win 11 on a 2018 Lenovo ideapad 330S, with Chrome as the default browser for the last ~ 3 years, Win Defender as default AV.All critical and security updates are up to date, have never caused any issues before.Under update settings, had selected 'show notifications,...
  9. Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts

Windows 11 Pro Group Policy No Auto Restart Does Stop Auto Restarts: I run code that can take several days. To prevent auto restart after updates, I selected the No Auto Restart feature in group policy. Sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I just lost a week's worth of work, again. I am using windows 11 pro and i have had the same...
  10. why does my laptop volume auto mute and unmute on its own?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my laptop volume auto mute and unmute on its own?: My Laptop is HP branded. operating system windows 10. my laptop gets volume mute and unmute automatically. it appears left top corner on the laptop screen. what can i do?[ATTACH][ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 microphone automatically unmuting