Windows 10: WIndows 10 auto update - All files, bookmarks, etc. deleted

Discus and support WIndows 10 auto update - All files, bookmarks, etc. deleted in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed that a Windows 10 update occurred approx. 2 weeks ago. Thought is was just my browser data that was missing, but All my files are gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeffStur, Nov 17, 2020.

1. JeffStur Win User

WIndows 10 auto update - All files, bookmarks, etc. deleted

I noticed that a Windows 10 update occurred approx. 2 weeks ago. Thought is was just my browser data that was missing, but All my files are gone including any files on my desktop. I'm restoring from my backup provider, but am extremely hot about about this. You've lost me as a customer. I'm moving to MAC. My PC data is my life - music, docs, pictures. Seems like this is a common problem but has never impacted me before. Bye Bye Microsoft.

:)

JeffStur, Nov 17, 2020
  2. EFTaylor Win User

Deleting old bookmarks

I have bookmarks dating back to Windows 98. Is there a program, or command to find and delete dead individual bookmarks in Internet Explorer 11? I ran AM-DeadLink and it listed 400 dead links, but it no longer has a delete function. Thanks for any suggestions.

ET

EFTaylor, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Microsoft Auto-Updates Components of Windows Without User Permission

The nine files that are updated all have to do with the Auto-Updater itself.
    The article lists them all. No big deal.

I run auto-update anyway, so BRING ON THE NEW UPDATES !!!
    I have yet to experience any problems from MS updates on my XP network.

Kreij, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 auto update - All files, bookmarks, etc. deleted - Similar Threads - auto update files

2. how do i restore bookmarks windows 10 update deleted them all??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore bookmarks windows 10 update deleted them all??: how do i restore bookmarks windows 10 update deleted them all?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-bookmarks-windows-10-update/53e13819-91c0-44ad-a2eb-a4e4591fdb48
  3. how do i restore bookmarks windows 10 update deleted them all??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i restore bookmarks windows 10 update deleted them all??: how do i restore bookmarks windows 10 update deleted them all?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-bookmarks-windows-10-update/53e13819-91c0-44ad-a2eb-a4e4591fdb48
  4. etc file deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    etc file deleted: I accidentaly deleted the etc folder. Is there any possible way to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/etc-file-deleted/d0f0fa26-c28b-44f0-9e11-4d8fcfa57d1b
  5. MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Update Wipes/deletes my desktop files, setting and bookmarks, etc.: Hi, Every single Windows 10 update, which is 3 or 4 now, my desktop files get wiped including my settings, browser info, etc. Anyone know the solution or whom o contact at MS for a solution?...
  6. Windows 10 update erased bookmarks and files

Windows 10 update erased bookmarks and files: What is going on? I had to do a windows 10 update that said something about my version expiring and and now I can't find a ton of bookmarks and files. Every bookmark in explorer is gone and half of my bookmarks on firefox is gone. Years of downloaded video files are gone....
  7. Windows update deleted all of my Firefox bookmarks

Windows update deleted all of my Firefox bookmarks: Windows update removed all of my Firefox bookmarks. How to I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-deleted-all-of-my-firefox-bookmarks/40844059-493e-4574-9472-e7eb667fdb74
  8. Windows 10 update all files deleted

Windows 10 update all files deleted: Hi i just updated my laptop last night to the new windows update and was greated with a black screen after a restart. The only things on the screen was a picture of a hard drive and “no booteble device”. I need a way to get my files back and to some how get windows back so i...
  9. Deleting .ETC files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting .ETC files: I came across a folder which was reported as empty and tried to delete it. I had to take ownership but still could not delete it --- then found it had around 10 MB of .ETC log files relating to such things as incorrect shutdown from last year and this year. Can I delete these...
  10. Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows How to Delete All Bookmarks in Google Chrome for Windows You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by storing them as bookmarks in Google Chrome. The bookmarks bar is a toolbar in Chrome that you...