Windows 10: Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart

Discus and support Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 auto updated without asking me yesterday and after it restarted I now just have a black screen when the computer powers on. The monitor is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanLaJeune, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart

Windows 10 auto updated without asking me yesterday and after it restarted I now just have a black screen when the computer powers on. The monitor is on but it acts like the CPU is off even though it clearly is on. I have no way to get to safe mode or do anything else to troubleshoot so I'm clueless how to get the PC working.

I googled problems similar to this but none of the advice given can be followed such as rebooting in safe mode, rolling back drivers or clean re-install of windows 10. I tried restarting the computer 3x to get to the repair mode but those options never come up as the screen stays blank no matter what I've done. I also tried the windows key + cntrl + shift + B and that does nothing. I also unplugged any other devices and replugged in the ones I need like the monitor, keyboard and mouse but that also does nothing.

I'm self employed and this is my primary computer so this extremely frustrating.

:)

RyanLaJeune, Jan 30, 2020
  2. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Jan 30, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart

Windows 10 auto restarts

"Between all suggestions, including the one there, there is nothing that has worked." I hate to sound reduntant but I just had to repeat myself since it still applies.
    An additional factore that may have bearing is that at some point my system converted to trying to boot off of my external drive if it is plugged in. Nothing has worked in attempting to resolve that issue either. As I said it may or may not have a bearing on the restart issue.*sarc

bobsscgirl, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart

1. Windows 10 auto updated, now display shows nothing after forced restart - Similar Threads - auto updated display

2. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  3. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto restart after update: Hello everyoneI am more than fed up with automatic updates and especially the restart that follows !!Each time and despite the hours of activity chosen, I lose all my unsafe work and the current processes that cannot be taken up... !At least I would like that the restart does...
  4. Auto restart after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC boots no display after force restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots no display after force restart: This has happened a couple times now. I force shutdown, force "restart anyway" with background process and when it boots back up there's no display. Last time this happened, I managed to boot into bios when I used a different monitor. This time around it's not working, after...
  6. PC boots no display after force restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots no display after force restart: This has happened a couple times now. I force shutdown, force "restart anyway" with background process and when it boots back up there's no display. Last time this happened, I managed to boot into bios when I used a different monitor. This time around it's not working, after...
  7. Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crashing on Windows 10 - Force/Auto restarts computer: My dota2, COD always crashes at start of the game. And i have to force restarts or it will blank screen and auto restart on its own. Hardly happens again after. Only once or twice during COD it might crash again. Crash = Blank screen, auto/force restart. Only two BSOD in...
  8. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  9. Forced restart after an update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced restart after an update.: I don't want answers because I know why this is happening. I want only to tell this: people HATE forced restart after a FORCED update. How on Earth can´t you comprehend this fact after so many years? In a middle of my work my computer suddenly restart without such a simple...
  10. Windows 10 issue auto restarting, but nothing displays on screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 issue auto restarting, but nothing displays on screen.: Windows 10 issue auto restarting, but nothing displays on screen. Last time when i shut it down. The desktop screen was freezed. Then I powered off from power button. Recently I installed updates in September. It was between 21 to 27 september i guess. Anyone please suggest...