Windows 10: windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file )

Discus and support windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file ) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Do you have any idea how to create Windows 10 autoattended file ? It is normal for system builder use. Any help would be appreciated.*Smile*Smile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by masterlaw, Aug 5, 2015.

1. masterlaw Win User

windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file )

Do you have any idea how to create Windows 10 autoattended file ?
    It is normal for system builder use.

Any help would be appreciated.*Smile*Smile

:)

masterlaw, Aug 5, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Answer File

Is Win10Ent installation contain answer file ?

Is it need ?

When I try create answer file from install.wim from WAik I take error: "

Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance, see the topic: 'Windows System
    Image Manager Technical Reference' in the Windows OPK or Windows AIK User's Guide"

in log file:

12:49 :

12:49 : Windows SIM was unable to generate a catalog. For troubleshooting assistance, see the topic: 'Windows System Image Manager Technical Reference' in the Windows OPK or Windows AIK User's Guide.

12:49 :

12:49 : System.InvalidOperationException: The operation failed to complete. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance
    of a String.

Parameter name: source

at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IsPrefix(String source, String prefix, CompareOptions options)

at ?A0xfe36268f.ConvertToNtPath(String path)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.CbsSessionAdaptor..ctor(String bootDrive, String imageWinDir, String servicingPath)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl.InitializePackages()

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl..ctor(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.PlatformImplementation.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

Server stack trace:

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.PlatformImplementation.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.Cpi.CreateOfflineImageInstance(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageCatalog.Serialize(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageInfo.CreateCatalog()

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.CatalogCreatorImpl.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.ICatalogCreator.CreateCatalog(OfflineImageInfo offlineImageInfo)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.CatalogGenerator.CreateCat(ProgressDialog pd, Object o)

12:49 : System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.

at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.IsPrefix(String source, String prefix, CompareOptions options)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.CbsSessionAdaptor..ctor(String bootDrive, String imageWinDir, String servicingPath)

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl.InitializePackages()

at Microsoft.ComponentStudio.ComponentPlatformInterface.OfflineImageImpl..ctor(OfflineImageInfo imageInfo)

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)

12:49 : System.ArgumentNullException: String reference not set to an instance of a String.

Alex Dashevski, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Kari, Aug 5, 2015
Thema:

1. windows 10 autoattended file ( answer file ) - Similar Threads - autoattended file answer

2. Windows 10 answer file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 answer file: Hopefully this is a simple question to answer... We have an answer file for all Windows 10 builds going out that does everything to join the new machine to our domain until the login screen. The problem is that it tries to login with the local administrator account but we do...
  3. Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 from Answer File, no activation key: Hi all, I am using a mac with a broken screen. When I use Bootcamp Assistant I get stuck on a black screen I can only assume is the Windows installation page. Due to my broken screen I cannot see it. To remedy the situation, I intend to install using bootcamp along with...
  4. AutoAttend Repair Installlation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AutoAttend Repair Installlation: Hey Guys, I am new here and searched through the forums and couldn't really find an answer to what I'm trying to do. I work in a break / fix shop and routinely do three things: Repair installations of Windows 10 In-place installations of Windows 10 Clean installations of...
  5. Windows 10 Answer File - Deploying Office

Windows 10 Answer File - Deploying Office: Hi guys, Recently followed a tutorial by @Kari on how to build a Windows 10 Answer file. Both my autounattend.xml and unattend.xml answer files work without any user interaction at all and so Windows 10 is silently installed. Next I'm looking to add programs to this so...
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Enterprise Answer File not using WinPE settings: I downloaded Windows 10 Enterprise 1904 x64 (English) from the Microsoft Volume Licensing site. I am trying to create a USB drive that will select Enterprise as the version, wipe and partition the drive, answer the license agreement and then install Windows 10 and use the...
  7. Write Answer in a PDF-file:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Write Answer in a PDF-file:: Why can I not Write answers in a PDF-document? I have received a dokument where I have to answer questions and reply. But - I cannot write the answers in the dokument. It only turns blue - Why??? What shall I do to make it work? It is an important dokument.... Thank...
  8. Creating Answer File For Windows 10 1703/1709

Creating Answer File For Windows 10 1703/1709: Hello All, Hoping that you have a nice day, i moved to IT department at my company , dealing with several notebooks every day needing a fresh installation is a little bit hard and wasting a lot of time so i started to search how to automate the installation of Windows 10...
  9. Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?

Problem with Windows 10 unattended answer file?: The problem with my answer is that following error message appears "Windows cannot read the <ProductKey> setting from the unattend answer file". Can someone help me with this problem? Can I somehow skip this product key part in the answer file? Here is my answer file....
  10. Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Answer File migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Good Day, Hoping someone can shed some light. We are moving towards a Windows 10 Enterprise upgrade in the near future, and planning on deployment steps. We currently have a highly customized Windows 7 Answer file created, which took much time to work out all the...