Windows 10: Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter

Discus and support Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I need some workstations to automatically log on a specific domain account when they boot, as they're supposed to work like kiosks and aren't linked to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SuperLucas6, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter

I need some workstations to automatically log on a specific domain account when they boot, as they're supposed to work like kiosks and aren't linked to any person. We used to set the autologon by registry editing on Windows 7, but now at Windows 10 it doesn't work anymore in some machines specifically in those that have an wireless adapter, even though connected through Ethernet.

I've already tried:

- Using Sysinternals Autologon;

- Editing the registry;

- Using netplwiz;

All these methods result in the same: when te PC boots up, it tries to autologon without success, and just shows the autologon selected account at the lower left corner. When I select it, it asks for a email adress/phone number and password, what isn't supposed to happen, as we are trying to log in with a domain account.

Noticed that, I tried blocking users from creating and logging in with Microsoft Accounts at the Local Group Policy Editor. Now, as there's no option to log in with a Microsoft Account anymore, it doesn't asks for phone number etc anymore; it now asks for a username and password from the domain, but doesn't autologon as expected.

Then I tried every possible solution I found at the internet, like setting a local policy to "always wait for the network at computer startup and logon", with no success.

There is some other thing I can try?

:)

SuperLucas6, Mar 10, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter

1. Windows 10 autologon isn't working on PCs with wireless adapter - Similar Threads - autologon isn't working

2. Wireless adapter not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter not working: Hi, my laptop has suddenly stop connecting to the Internet. I’ve tried multiple solutions but they haven’t worked- I have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless adapter then restarted the laptop, I have disabled and then enabled the wireless adapter then restarted the...
  3. Wireless adapter not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter not working: Hi, my laptop has suddenly stop connecting to the Internet. I’ve tried multiple solutions but they haven’t worked- I have uninstalled and reinstalled my wireless adapter then restarted the laptop, I have disabled and then enabled the wireless adapter then restarted the...
  4. Xbox wireless windows 10 adapter not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox wireless windows 10 adapter not working: As the title says, my adapter is not working. It has worked fine for months, and has randomly stopped working. The light doesn’t show up when I click it, and when I go into device manager, it does not show up. Is it broken, is there an update I have to do, or is it something...
  5. WIndows 10 Autologon

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WIndows 10 Autologon: We configure our computers to use autologon with the Autologon tool to engrypt the passwords. The auto log work normally on restart. If the computer shuts down due to power issue the computer stops at log on prompt. If you select restart from this screen the autologon...
  6. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not working: Just got a Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 to wirelessly connect my xbox one controller to my computer, however I'm pretty sure my product arrived DOA, but I want to see if there are any other things I can do before returning the product. The adapter is being detected by...
  7. Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Not Working

Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 Not Working: Recently I bought the newer slim variant of the Xbox Adapter and after plugging it in and following the instructions, I found that it doesn't work. Inspecting the device in Device Manager like other forums have said helped me learn that there are no drivers installed in the...
  8. Xbox Wireless Adapter not Working on Windows 10

Xbox Wireless Adapter not Working on Windows 10: Hello. It is time for Microsoft to answer for this issue. Stop telling us the same thing on how to fix this over and over again, knowing it doesn't work and closing the topic! YOUR Update, or YOUR adapter is not working properly anymore, and you know it. We've tried every...
  9. Ethernet isn't working but wireless is

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet isn't working but wireless is: I've been unable to get my Ethernet to connect all day (I need it for meetings and gaming) though my WiFi works just fine. I've tried just about every solution I can find including resetting my modem, checking my network properties, updating my drivers, disabling fast startup...
  10. Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Autologon never works on Windows 10 1709: Hi, Its been a while we trying to resolve an issue with Autologon on Windows 10. We set registry values as recommended by MS to get Autologon done for domain user. Issue is after a reboot of machine autoadminlogon reaches to value 0 and never login . Also default password...