Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic actions

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic actions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my windows 10(1803) is automatically deleting folders,saying interrupted actions and asking me to delete them.Also,whatever folder I click,it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nawrin-Chhoa, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatic actions

Recently my windows 10(1803) is automatically deleting folders,saying interrupted actions and asking me to delete them.Also,whatever folder I click,it asks me move it to the recycle bin. Again,my shortcuts are being deleted and after restoring them,says it can't locate them. Totally frustrated with it.

:)

Nawrin-Chhoa, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Action Center Not Working

Windows 10 Home / v 1607 / OS build 14393.693

Action Center has displayed "No new notifications" for the past 3 days (since 2/21/2017). The only automatic updates that have been installed are/is: Adobe Flash Player.

I have tried all the steps listed above with no success. I also tried turning notifications off, then rebooting, then turning it on, then rebooting. Still no joy. Any other suggestions?

JuliaMHogan, Aug 13, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 automatic actions

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic actions

1. Windows 10 automatic actions - Similar Threads - automatic actions

2. Win 10 1903, DiskPart command 'convert gpt' automatically creates an MSR partition at the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 1903, DiskPart command 'convert gpt' automatically creates an MSR partition at the...: Tired of running out of space in the recovery partition and get windows image shadow copy error 0x80780119, I was just trying out the script to prepare the GPT partitions for windows 10 installation, but rather than using WinPE I just used the DiskPart command on a running...
  3. Is there any to limit MS automatic updates to Windows 10 only?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there any to limit MS automatic updates to Windows 10 only?: I have Microsoft Office Picture Manager only installed from Windows 2003 on my Windows 10 Dell XPS8900. No other Windows 2003 programs/apps are loaded yet Windows' automatic update tries, unsucessfully, repeatedly to upgrade Windows 2003. This has created system lockup...
  4. Windows 10 stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Hey guys, so I'm in a bit of a tricky spot. I just got a used Dell XPS, I don't know much about it but I don't have much in it either. I was hoping to upgrade it over time but I haven't been able to get it to boot and previous owner doesn't have any info. So far, I've tried...
  5. Slideshow - automatically transferred from my old laptop to my new laptop? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slideshow - automatically transferred from my old laptop to my new laptop? Windows 10: My HP Envy got trashed, thanks to very bad advice from an Independent Advisor regarding system restore in safe mode so I'm posting this on my new Lenovo Legion Y520. I've just finished installing all the Windows Updates and when I powered up a few days ago I was delighted...
  6. Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair & Windows Installation not found SSD

Stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair & Windows Installation not found SSD: Hello, I want to know to fix to fix this stuck screen! It doesn't loadup Menu or anything, its stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" Text Forever. No Loading icon too. My Lapyop is Cube i9. I have following question: - How to fix stuck preparing automatic repair screen -...
  7. how do i turn off automatic upgrades and upgrade at my convenience

how do i turn off automatic upgrades and upgrade at my convenience: how do i turn off automatic upgrades and upgrade at my convenience https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-automatic-upgrades-and-upgrade/6f68a945-cd0f-4fcb-892a-b797e9894672
  8. Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days

Windows.old doesn't automatically delete itself after 10 days: I performed a reinstallation of Windows 10 on August 6th, and today is August 18th. Windows.old is supposed to delete itself automatically after 10 days. But this is 12th day since I reinstall the Windows, and the Windows.old is still there. I have a question, can I...
  9. My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?

My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these?: My pc has automatically updated and i have now lost folders and Icons. how do i restore these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-automatically-updated-and-i-have-now/909ee5d6-3120-461c-8665-ba53531998fc"
  10. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute HELPP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC will automatically restart in one minute HELPP: Hi, and thank you for taking the time to help. I am writing from safe mode. I recently installed windows 10, and ever since i keep getting this message "your pc will automatically restart in one minute" after some minutes of use, or after i open the settings app, then it...