Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, About a month ago my laptop hp pavilion started to log itself off after a minute or so of inactivity. I have had this laptop for two years and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AprilHayes, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity

Hi,

About a month ago my laptop hp pavilion started to log itself off after a minute or so of inactivity. I have had this laptop for two years and this problem had never occurred. All the screen time out settings are on never and the power plan is set all to never too.

I've tried every single solution on windows forums, and other internet forums and none of them work. The main solutions have included deleting files in reg-edit, changing the screensaver to 1, resetting, and putting it back to never, changing setting in additional power settings and setting the screen saver in control panel to 9999 minutes.

Especially in the current situation, I need to perform a lot of work from home which involves leaving documents or power points on screen while a take notes. It is becoming quite tedious to have to press the mouse pad every few minutes just to keep the screen on and my account logged in.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

AprilHayes, May 22, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  3. Feathers Win User
    Change log off period

Hi all, I've tried to look through the list of all the tutorials and I've used Google too, to find out how to extend the inactivity period before I get logged out. But all the suggestions talk about screen icons that I don't seem to have.
    My computer is six weeks old and I'm using Windows 10. Can someone please advise? Thank You.

Feathers, May 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity

Windows 10 locks after inactivity

We have two computers that act as registers at my place of business that we need to not go to the lock screen due to inactivity. Using the GPOs on the domain server I've applied GPOs to disable password protecting the screen saver as well as to not require
    a password on wake up.

On one computer it works on the other it does not and the computer continues to lock. I've checked the rsop.msc as well as the power plan settings and they are all correctly set. I've also tried completely disabling the screen saver and it still goes to the
    lock screen after inactivity. Doesn't even sleep just locks. The only difference between these two systems is that the one that doesn't work is 32bit (no idea if that has anything to do with it) but it only started locking after upgrading to windows 10. Windows
    7 was fine.

If anyone has any suggestions or an answer I have been unable to find anything related to this subject where the suggestion isn't just to disbable lock on screen saver, disable the screen saver, or disable lock screen on wakeup in the power settings. (All of
    these have been done)

NateSorensen, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity

1. Windows 10 automatic lock after short period of inactivity - Similar Threads - automatic lock short

2. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  3. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity: Hi How can you turn off the screen lock when the user is inactive on the computer for a while? During this time, nothing is done on the computer and the screen lock is activated. It is Windows 10 - 21H2 Is it possible to disable the screen lock for all users who log in to the...
  4. Disabling the screen lock after a period of user inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  6. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  7. Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity: So im having this problem over a week now and I just cant find a solution for it.The problem is that if im not using my pc for more than 15-20 min, it suddenly freezes and the only way to fix it is by hard resetting the pc using the power button. At first I thought it was a...
  8. lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen slide show inactive after a period of inactivity: Hello everyone! The one problem I have is that I set the slideshow to the lock screen and let it show if I don't use the computer for 5 minutes. Normally, after 5 minutes, the lock screen will appear and the slideshow starts but my computer turns off the screen. Only when I...
  9. sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity: I recently upgrade the old MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the newer version SCULTOR keyboard and mouse. Since installation, if the mouse is untouched and inactive for a short amount of time while I am typing, it tends to JUMP back to the previous page you can imagine...
  10. automatic shut down time for inactivity is too short.

in Windows 10 Customization
    automatic shut down time for inactivity is too short.: I need to set the inactive time on the computer longer than it is. It shuts down in a few minutes. Looking up items and making notes is bothersome as I need to continually ....