Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.592). So I set my automatic maintenance to 8am as I will often be doing things in the night/early morning. For instance I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Xirix, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Xirix Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings

Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.592).

So I set my automatic maintenance to 8am as I will often be doing things in the night/early morning. For instance I record a podcast with some friends in america sometimes, and I'll be doing this between 1.30am to sometimes as late as 7am, so the default of 2am isn't good for me.

I did said podcast earlier, and I just checked maintenance and it said it ran at 4.30, while I was recording..., I in fact had multiple programs open, and two different recording programs up and recording, but my computer thought I was idle enough to start maintenance? What? I'm going to be very annoyed if that hour of maintenance desynced my audio from my peers and causes me more work in editing.

Also just as an aside, I couldn't find specific details, but apparently auto maintenance quote "gets rid of unused desktop icons" after 3 months of not being used, what does this mean? I have a lot of crap on my desktop that doesn't necessarily get used that often, is this going to randomly delete my files? Or does it specifically mean desktop shortcuts or something?

:)

Xirix, Jan 27, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Can I have a tray icon for automatic maintenance windows 10

On windows 8.1 it did always a windows defender scan with automatic maintenance, since I'm using defender on this 10 laptop, I think it will scan on this laptop as well when it does maintenance.

P4-630, Jan 27, 2020
  3. gdallsk Win User

Ah yes, of course, almost forgot about that *Big Grin Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings :D
    Yeah, the scan happens daily, defender will give you scan reports at the end of the week in your Notification Center.

gdallsk, Jan 27, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

The weird thing is, I have set the automatic maintenance at 12.00 since I have lunch at that time but it didn't run yet today ... Or perhaps it doesn't run everyday like on windows 8.1?

(I did set the windows module installer service to manual though but I don't think it has anything to do with this maintenance)

P4-630, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings - Similar Threads - Automatic Maintenance ignoring

2. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  3. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic maintenance behavior: I'm running Windows 10 Version 20H2 on an HP Laptop. I only use the laptop briefly every day and then shut it down. Since I shut down after use, I do not have automatic maintenance turned on as a task, rather I run it myself every day before shutting down. I've noticed when I...
  4. Automatic maintenance behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Question about Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance: TL;DR Will automatic maintenance defrag my SSD? I'm running Windows 10 2004 19041.450. I'm thinking about running automatic maintenance at the end of each day to keep my system updated without having to go through the hassle of doing it myself. I'm concerned because I've...
  6. Automatic Maintenance

Automatic Maintenance: This feature was accessed about 45 minutes ago and is still running. How do I get it to complete the maintenance, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-maintenance/40119d17-0c2e-41b4-9982-19d4ec0cfe38
  7. automatic maintenance win 10

automatic maintenance win 10: i want to disable this feature how to do it? as i have new ssd if this defragments my ssd it may be bad for my ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/automatic-maintenance-win-10/833e5b55-d483-407f-8341-4606edf1e27d
  8. Automatic Maintenance Bug?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Maintenance Bug?: I did am no Malware. Also it has not done it again since the reboot.
  9. Automatic maintenance and windows.old

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic maintenance and windows.old: I know windows.old can be purged by the user but I am curious about how often disk clean up runs as part of automatic maintenance. After the upgrade to fall creators both our machines were left with sizeable 20 odd gigs of windows.old i left it about ten days and then gave...
  10. Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10: How to: Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10 Maintenance activity refers to an application or process that helps maintain the health and performance of a Windows PC. Maintenance includes keeping...