Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Few days ago after i finished testing my ram in memtest86 ( bootable from USB ) , i change boot in UEFI BIOS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xxx123, Feb 23, 2016.

1. xxx123 Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro.

Few days ago after i finished testing my ram in memtest86 ( bootable from USB ) , i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    After this Windows 10 was showing at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Then after this i get screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc.

Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS [​IMG]

And the interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows. After screen with Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc i was able to boot Windows 10 properly.
    So i formatted disk and all is fine after format ,and windows 10 booting fine.
    But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram or other hardware.

Also :

On my old laptop with Windows 10 Pro i made the same operation, i change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.
    Weird that pc was needed to be formatted, when on laptop not, because Automatic repair on laptop happened once after changing boot in bios from USB to HDD and no more happened on next Windows 10 Pro boots.

Any ideas? Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Pc :
    2x8gb 1600mhz Hyperx DDR3
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 UEFI

Laptop is old with 2gb ram and old standard bios ( no Uefi )

:)

xxx123, Feb 23, 2016

2. Windows 10 boot problem

Hi Thofikh,

I followed the guidance given in the "Recovery options in Windows" without success before making my post above. I'll try again later today but in the meantime I have a quick question for you.

In your instructions above you indicate that I should change the BIOS boot priority options on my computer before trying to boot from the Windows 10 USB. What I have been doing is to start the computer, wait until it finishes the automatic repair cycle and
    then selecting the option to use a Windows 10 USB to start the computer under 'Advanced options'. Is this correct, or does it actually make a difference to the outcome if I follow your guidance and change the BIOS boot priority?

Thanks

NickLambertZM, Feb 23, 2016
  3. SasaAsasa Win User
    Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS
    \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.

Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.

Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i
    was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

pc:

Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Uefi

2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz

4790k stock

Now laptop:

On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop: very old with 2gb ram and standard bios

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

SasaAsasa, Feb 23, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair - after changing boot priority in BIOS - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair changing

2. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  3. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive: I cloned my boot drive HDD to another drive SSD and both are showing in the BIOS boot priority but I can't change the priority. I was wondering if formatting HDD will remove it from the priority list to it sets SSD to default....
  4. Boot priority in BIOS is unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update: So two days ago, I updated my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 BIOS to EGCN34WW. the update and installation went fine. but after updating it, my laptop is always doing automatic repair upon booting, and when I checked what's the problem, it turns out that my boot...
  6. Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update: So two days ago, I updated my laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH05 BIOS to EGCN34WW. the update and installation went fine. but after updating it, my laptop is always doing automatic repair upon booting, and when I checked what's the problem, it turns out that my boot...
  7. Boot Priority always revert after BIOS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. How to boot into windows 10 after automatic boot repair loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to boot into windows 10 after automatic boot repair loop?: submitted by /u/Anshuman_Ranjan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gwhyt3/how_to_boot_into_windows_10_after_automatic_boot/
  9. Change process' priority automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change process' priority automatically: Hello everyone, To begin with, I have an issue with a cod game. It starts with his priority to High and I every time I have to change the priority manually. The other apps are too laggy while I have the game open, and if change the priority to normal, they will be fixed. Is...
  10. Boot - change priority

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot - change priority: Hi, I have a Lenovo computer. The default system in Windows 10. I want to run Linux Mint from USB. How can I change the settings so that the computer recognize Linux and run it from stick? Thank you, Adriana...