Windows 10: Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1)

Discus and support Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a bit of an odd situation. I am working on an HP EliteBook 840 G1 that will be sold to a friend of mine. I have reinstalled Windows 10 fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KrazerKap85, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1)

I have a bit of an odd situation. I am working on an HP EliteBook 840 G1 that will be sold to a friend of mine. I have reinstalled Windows 10 fresh and made sure to include all of the drivers either from HP Support Assist or HP's website directly. It has the latest 1909 feature update. Whenever I reboot the computer, it comes up with Automatic Repair first. If I just simply reboot from there, it comes up fine. However if I do a full shut down, then power it on a few moments later, the Automatic Repair does not happen. So it seems like the Automatic repair happens if I reboot from Windows itself.

I have checked the Event logs. I have seen warnings about the WLAN driver and I have also noticed that it lists error 34 for BTHUSB about a low power mode issue. I have reinstalled the drivers for both the WLAN and Bluetooth accordingly. I also saw possible errors in the event log for the BITS service. I have tried to run the troubleshooter on it (it found nothing), I have restarted the service, I have also run DISM and SFC to try to correct the problem. Despite all of this, it is still happening. Can anyone give me any ideas on what else is going on? Thanks.

:)

KrazerKap85, Nov 29, 2019
  2. uroscamper, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Eric F Win User
    How to disable trackpad for HP Elitebook 840 G5

As the question states, I am simply trying to disable my touchpad on my HP laptop. So I think this is very specific for the HP Elitebook 840 G5 as I have tried the following generic methods to disable the trackpad:

1. Under mouse settings, using the Synaptics tab. This tab does not exist for me. (Reference HP Notebooks with Synaptics TouchPad - How to Disable the "Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad" Feature | HP® Customer Support)
    2. Disabling the Synaptics driver. I thought this would work for sure too but I tried to disable all of the mouse drivers available under Mice and other pointing devices (Device Manager) and the trackpad still works.
    3. Using third party software. I tried "touchpad-blocker" and even when enabled, the touchpad still works.
    4. Double tapping the top left corner (how do i disable a touchpad on an hp elitebook 850 laptop? - HP Support Community - 5480918) This does nothing for mine.

I am open for other suggestions. I am really surprised that disabling the driver didn't work.

Eric F, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Wind10Pro Win User

Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1)

Wind10Pro, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1)

1. Windows 10: Automatic Repair after reboots, but not shutdowns? (HP EliteBook 840 G1) - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair reboots

2. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  3. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts: Hi all,My name is Thomas,I am in the process of reintall a Windows 10 a laptop that I got form the previous company of my wife.Thanks to the community I manage to access the BIOS menu.Then I looked at the process of creating a bootable flash drive.I understood that I had to...
  4. HP EliteBook 840 G5 no longer starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to this network Windows 10 on HP EliteBook 840 G2: My HP EliteBook 840 G2 is not able to connect to the WiFi network set on TP-Link Archer C80 AC1900 router either to 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz SSID and getting the error "Can't connect to this network" even if the WiFi password is correct or by pushing the WSP switch on the...
  6. BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD on HP Elitebook 840 G7 - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hey all, I have been getting the BSOD regularly on my HP. I have updated Windows, updated HP drivers and the BIOS. I'm at a loss. My computer details are: HP Elitebook 840 G7 IntelR CoreTM i7-10610U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz RAM: 16.0 GB OS info: Windows 10 20H2...
  7. How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type "í" on HP EliteBook 840: I have installed the Hungarian language pack but cannot figure out how to type the "í" character ALT+0237 on my laptop's keyboard. I am using an HP EliteBook 840 G6. Alt-i gets me "Í", not the lower-case version of the letter. Thanks for any help!...
  8. HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue: Hi everyone! I have an issue with my HP Probook470 G1. I am running Windows 10 64bit. When I try to shutdown my computer (or restart, or hibernate), screen goes blank, fan still runs and lights are still up. After 5-10 minutes blue screen(of death?) comes up and says:...
  9. HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Probook470 G1 Shutdown Issue: Hi everyone! I have an issue with my HP Probook470 G1. I am running Windows 10 64bit. When I try to shutdown my computer (or restart, or hibernate), screen goes blank, fan still runs and lights are still up. After 5-10 minutes blue screen(of death?) comes up and says:...
  10. How to install UEFI Windows 10 on HP 840 G1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to install UEFI Windows 10 on HP 840 G1: I am installing UEFI windows 10 on Windows 10 like it was on the day I bought it. but now it is now stuck at Copying Windows Files (0%) every settings that is needed is done. Fast Boot is checked USB Device boot is checked Customized Boot is checked I have searched...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to install Windows 10 on hp elitebook 840 G1