Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have seen 600 people on the closed thread with the same problem. So I am going to attempt to ask the question again, and reopen the thread. I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John Rainsblood, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive

I have seen 600 people on the closed thread with the same problem. So I am going to attempt to ask the question again, and reopen the thread. I will also as a Computer Repair Technician offer an explanation and a solution. If you make it to the pretty picture, but cant access keyboard and mouse, then you are unable to access Power button icon, or any user profiles... OUCH, now for why this is occurring. Corruption from either the HDD or Windows.

End result. If you attempt to use Command Prompt via Windows 10 USB Repair option

you will see this x:sources

from there type bootrec /scanos

press enter

You should only see windows.old as an available OS. If you see this then get a new HDD or SDD or M.2 NvME and reinstall windows clean

Then dock or slave the old storage device and drag and drop your user files.. You may need to allow permissions first.

Sorry, its broken, Can not be fixed.

:)

John Rainsblood, Sep 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

• When you say, "keyboard or mouse is not responsive" what exactly is happening?
    • Do you receive any error message while using keyboard and mouse?
    This could be because of the corrupted drivers installed. I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Update the keyboard and mouse drivers from device manager and check.

Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

1. Press Windows key + X from the Keyboard and click on
    Device Manager.

2. In Device Manager, double click on the
    Keyboard.

3. It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

4. Click on Uninstall button.

6. Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

7. Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

If the issue persists then update to the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 25, 2020
  3. HelpCasey Win User
    Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive

While on my desktop computer, I had a power outage back to back as my computer was rebooting.

Screen: Automatic Repair Windows couldn't load correctly. Restore Cancel

During the initial boot, my keyboard light went on. Now, my keyboard or mouse is not responsive.

I don't want to make it any worse. What should I do?

HelpCasey, Sep 25, 2020
  4. xyg0t3 Win User

Keyboard and mouse non-responsive in repair mode

While on my desktop computer, I received an error stating there was a hard drive error. Now the computer boots, then reads Preparing Automatic Repair. The next screen asks me to select a keyboard and lists numerous choices. There is zero response from
    the keyboard or mouse.

I know the keyboard works because I can use them to get into the BIOS before Windows boots.

• There are no PS/2 ports for me to try on this computer.
    • The BIOS does not support UEFI.
    • All USB ports are USB 2.0.
    • There is no option for Legacy USB support in the BIOS.

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

xyg0t3, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair, keyboard or mouse is not responsive - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair keyboard

2. Mouse and keyboard are disabled at Automatic Repair screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard are disabled at Automatic Repair screen: Mouse and keyboard work fine on motherboard's UEFI menu, but are totally disabled when I am on the dreaded Automatic Repair blue screen. Holds true with both my corded and wireless mice and keyboards. I am trying to boot my PC into safe mode but cannot do so without being...
  3. Mouse and keyboard are disabled at Automatic Repair screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard are disabled at Automatic Repair screen: Mouse and keyboard work fine on motherboard's UEFI menu, but are totally disabled when I am on the dreaded Automatic Repair blue screen. Holds true with both my corded and wireless mice and keyboards. I am trying to boot my PC into safe mode but cannot do so without being...
  4. automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard: Hi I'm having this problem again so I am just pasting in what I asked before because it is an identical situation but had it repaired by a professional. This time I left it to try and restore for 18 hrs as I didn't want to go through what I went through before but I was...
  5. automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard: Hi I'm having this problem again so I am just pasting in what I asked before because it is an identical situation but had it repaired by a professional. This time I left it to try and restore for 18 hrs as I didn't want to go through what I went through before but I was...
  6. automatic repair but no mouse or keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Delayed keyboard and mouse response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delayed keyboard and mouse response: I have an Acer Aspire V5 that was donated to me from a friend, The laptop came with Windows 8, but has been updated to windows 10. Since it has been in my possession it has had a 3-4sometimes up to 10 second delay when using keyboard or mouse. I have used troubleshoot for...
  8. Preparing Automatic Repair - Conflict with Keyboard / Mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Preparing Automatic Repair - Conflict with Keyboard / Mouse: On start up..I get preparing automatic repair endless nothing. Reboot with the wireless usb for both keyboard and mouse out and will launch windows 10 no problem. Plug in usbs and a way we go. I have updated the drivers and removed the drivers.. ...but still can not get...
  9. Mouse and Keyboard response / lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard response / lag: So i've been struggling with this problem for around 1 week+. It all started one day when i started my csgo and from the begining i feel like my mouse response is not so good, like i am aiming, but the mouse could not respond so well to me like it should be. Also the keyboard...
  10. Erratic keyboard and mouse response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic keyboard and mouse response: I have a new Chillblast PC - about a month old. Checks show no specific problems, bu in the last week or so the keyboard is erratic in its response. Perform /report shows all OK apart for a Bluetooth problem. Sometimes it works without problems; other times it freezes for a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard or mouse not working at automatic repair screen

2. automatic repair windows no access keyboard mouse