Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - No fixes working

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - No fixes working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, As of December 30, 2020, my 64-bit Toshiba Satellite running Windows 10 Home found itself stuck in the dreaded automatic repair loop. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickO, Jan 1, 2021.

1. PatrickO Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - No fixes working

Hello,

As of December 30, 2020, my 64-bit Toshiba Satellite running Windows 10 Home found itself stuck in the dreaded automatic repair loop. I've tried so many fixes now, but none seem to work. Last good boot was 12/14/20. No new software installed recently. Had trouble reading and recognizing a [safe, clean, working-in-other-computers] USB flash drive immediately before I restarted and had this start happening. Here's the situation:

• I can access the recovery environment.
    • I tried "Startup Repair" but it didn't work.
    • I tried to uninstall feature updates and quality updates - couldn't.
    • Tried to restore my system to the two previous saves - couldn't.
    • Tried to do the chkdsk repairs and it found nothing.
    • Tried to do the bcdedit's in command prompt to repair the boot system - didn't help.
    • Made a media installation tool on another PC - can access it just fine, and I'm stopping short of reinstalling Windows if I can help it.
    • Keep trying to enter Safe Mode - I can access the option, but then when I choose it, it just goes back in to automatic repair loop.
    • I've opened up the computer, unplugged the battery, removed the CMOS battery to let the circuit electricity die - to no avail.
    • Tried to do a System Reset - wouldn't let me.
    • Made sure my boot mode was UEFI mode and Standard not Fast. Only one boot mode is on.
    • I cannot access the desktop by any means at this point.
    • I've backed up my personal files via the notepad.exe via Command Prompt backdoor.
    • When I look at re-installing Windows 10 which was pre-installed on my Toshiba Satellite as Windows 8 way back in 2013 with Microsoft Office - ie. I don't have a product key for anything, I see 6 partitions on my computer, and that includes roughly 10gb on the recovery partition that I sadly cannot access.
    • When I look at the SRTTrail.txt file, I get all 0x0 error codes, and the startup repair says that multiple attempts were made, but no solutions could be found.

Please, somebody tell me there is a way to fix this... I read so many forums and tried the solutions to no avail. If I have to go the "try to fully reinstall Windows" I'll go that route, but it's such a pain in the butt if I were to lose my Office credentials and all.

Thanks,

Patrick

:)

PatrickO, Jan 1, 2021
  2. larry Win User

Automatic Repair Loop Continued Woes

The automatic repair loop might be caused by the following issues:
    • filesystem corruption
    • corrupt MBR or BCD
    • improper registry settings
    This article covers all the possible reasons and solutions:
    Fix Automatic Startup Repair Loop in Windows 10, 8 and 7 | Password Recovery

I hope this helps!

larry, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 is stuck in Automatic Repair loop

Hi Robert,

Automatic Repair loop is a feature designed to help you fix some PC issues in Windows. It might fail to work sometimes and stuck in a startup repair loop in Windows 10.

The two most common cases of the Windows Automatic Repair loop issue are:

1. Windows Automatic Repair stuck on a black screen with "Preparing Automatic Repair" error message.

2. Windows Automatic Repair failed and said, "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC".

We suggest that you try the solutions provided by community experts on this
    link
    and let us know how it goes.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatic Repair Loop - No fixes working - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair Loop

2. How to fix automatic repair loop*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix automatic repair loop*: Title. Except I have an interesting and infuriating problem being that I can’t sign in to my microsoft account to utilize any of the advanced options. I can sign in on my phone just fine but I can’t on my computer. Only thing i have access to is wiping it completely which I...
  3. How to fix automatic repair loop*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix automatic repair loop*: Title. Except I have an interesting and infuriating problem being that I can’t sign in to my microsoft account to utilize any of the advanced options. I can sign in on my phone just fine but I can’t on my computer. Only thing i have access to is wiping it completely which I...
  4. How to fix automatic repair loop*

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix automatic repair loop: I’m having an automatic repair loop and I don’t know how to fix it I searched on the internet multiple times and still haven’t found one that fixed the problem the PC also does not have an administrator account too....
  6. How to fix automatic repair loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix automatic repair loop: I’m having an automatic repair loop and I don’t know how to fix it I searched on the internet multiple times and still haven’t found one that fixed the problem the PC also does not have an administrator account too....
  7. Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop nothing will work for repair: So i force shut down my gaming pc because when i tabbed out of my game everything was like a white screen. I boot back up and i get stuck in a loop of “automatic repair wont work”. Ive tried several of the advanced options and nothing is helping. I cannot run chkdsk, dism,...
  8. How to fix automatic repair loop

How to fix automatic repair loop: The laptop has gone into a automatic repair loop. I tried switching it off and on 3 times to get the troubleshoot page but instead it is still continues into the automatic repair loop. I tried using an bootable windows 10 usb but did not work. I tried using a bootable windows...
  9. Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop?

Fix to my Automatic Repair Loop?: Hi there, Situation: A few days ago, I downloaded a new antivirus and decided to perform a system scan as I had reasons to suspect malware activity. Halfway through the scan, my computer crashed and when i tried to turn it back on, it said “Preparing Automatic Repair” and...
  10. windows 10 Automatic Repair loop no fixes working (urgent)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 Automatic Repair loop no fixes working (urgent): Hello, I started up my PC yesterday morning to the Automatic repair screen with the message: "Log file: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt" At this point I have tried so many different "fixes" which have all not worked for me. If anyone can help me with...