Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I turned on my laptop running windows 10 and it failed to startup as usual. Thinking it was installing an update I waited a considerable period and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tmc1970, May 31, 2020.

1. tmc1970 Win User

Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem

I turned on my laptop running windows 10 and it failed to startup as usual. Thinking it was installing an update I waited a considerable period and after nothing but a black screen held the power button until the unit shut down. When I tried again to power up it went to the blue screen automatic repair mode where it was not able to diagnose the issue. I then went through all the troubleshooting options with no success that included:

1.Tried to uninstall latest quality update - message said pending update actions won't be able to uninstall, try Startup Repair.

2.Tried Startup Repair - message couldn't repair pc Log File F:\windows\system\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt

3.Tried to uninstall latest feature update - message said ran into problem, try Resetting Your PC

4.Tried to reset PC which also failed

5.Tried Startup Settings F5 or click on Enable Safe mode which did nothing

6.Tried System Restore which after going through a lengthy process said error did or could not restore

I have also tried a few recommendations from you tube but so far no luck. If anyone can recommend a possible solution for this problem I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much.

:)

tmc1970, May 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, May 31, 2020
  3. rob84 Win User
    Automatic repair

Hi I have tried to use the start up repair and still having the same problem.

rob84, May 31, 2020
  4. Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem

Automatic Repair stucks on windows 10

Hi Matthew,

We regret the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try repairing the system using Windows 10 installation media and check if it helps.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool: Refer the below link,

Download Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform a Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and more and try
    to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup repair.

Hope this information helps to resolve and makes your computer to work fine.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem

1. Windows 10 automatic repair will not fix startup problem - Similar Threads - automatic repair fix

2. Windows 10 automatic startup repair problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 automatic startup repair problem.: So don't ask me who tripped the wire, but i was defragmenting my HDD. It gave me a code "0xc0000001". I ignored it, and after some time waiting in the Bios, It passed. Soon, I tried shrinking my hard disk. It took forever before saying it does not have enough space. I reset...
  3. Windows 10 automatic startup repair problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 automatic startup repair problem.: So don't ask me who tripped the wire, but i was defragmenting my HDD. It gave me a code "0xc0000001". I ignored it, and after some time waiting in the Bios, It passed. Soon, I tried shrinking my hard disk. It took forever before saying it does not have enough space. I reset...
  4. Windows 10 automatic startup repair problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup: Hi Friends, My win 10 pc is having startup problem. Few days back i was installing latest update to my laptop and before installation completed i switched off it. And after that i am not able to start my p c as it has stuck now in Automatic Repair Loop and showing the same...
  6. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 on startup: Hi Friends, My win 10 pc is having startup problem. Few days back i was installing latest update to my laptop and before installation completed i switched off it. And after that i am not able to start my p c as it has stuck now in Automatic Repair Loop and showing the same...
  7. Fix Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair not working: [ATTACH]The Automatic Repair Tool is one of the features that you use when your Windows 10 computer does not boot. Some Windows users have faced an issue where their Windows 10 Automatic Startup Repair is not working. In this post, we are going to suggest methods to fix the...
  8. STARTUP AUTOMATIC REPAIR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STARTUP AUTOMATIC REPAIR: Hey guys I've been trying to fix my laptop these past few days. I've hit a Startup repair error and I've tried chkdsk, sfc, and dism. Please help me. I've already tried cmd prompt from a windows bootable usb media it doesn't work. I've also tried to install windows 10 over my...
  9. Automatic startup repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic startup repair: When i open my pc it shows automatic repair and automatic repair is not working how can i get out of that. It just keeps restarting and does nothing else please heop me and startup repair is also not working...
  10. Automatic repair loop in windows 10 startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop in windows 10 startup: Hi I turned on the computer, but Windows did not start up and I saw a black screen. With the study I realized that I had to enter the auto-repair mode. I turned on the computer three times and turned it off on the windows logo to enter the auto-repair mode. In automatic...