Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic restart

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unlike those that have fast start enabled, I started experiencing this situation AFTER I disabled it. This includes the command of using SHUTDOWN /S,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JiangXavier, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatic restart

Unlike those that have fast start enabled, I started experiencing this situation AFTER I disabled it.

This includes the command of using SHUTDOWN /S, which made it seem like a serious problem.

There is NO wake (such as USB wake or others) enabled in BIOS/UEFI settings.

I'm running Microsoft Windows, Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.775)

I set it up from a Windows 10 Pro installation disk.

The computer is Fujitsu Lifebook UH554.

The system is able to Sleep. It also hibernates without restart.

I think there is a issue with the system messing up shutdown with restart or whatever.

:)

JiangXavier, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 automatic restart

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic restart

1. Windows 10 automatic restart - Similar Threads - automatic restart

2. "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute....: Can my laptop be saved? Yesterday I tried to start my HP laptop (Windows 10) and received the following error after logging in: "Windows has encountered a critical problem and will restart automatically in one minute. Please save your work now." I did a hard restart and...
  3. Disable Active Hours and Stop Automatic Restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Active Hours and Stop Automatic Restarting: My laptop is often left in my work bag overnight, or other places where having said laptop running for hours is not convenient or downright bad for the system. If I get hoe from work and I don't use the laptop that evening, it stays in my backpack all night. There have been...
  4. E7 Bluetooth earphones do not restart automatically - since implementation of Windows 10.

E7 Bluetooth earphones do not restart automatically - since implementation of Windows 10.: Hello in Microsoft Land I recently eliminated Windows 7, and implemented Windows 10. Also bought new Bluetooth E7 Cowin earphones. They work when computer starts from shutdown. When earphones turned off, they no longer function. I have to re-connect (not always...
  5. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute after in-place upgrade from 1703 - 1809

Your PC will automatically restart in one minute after in-place upgrade from 1703 - 1809: Hi, We faced with issue related restart loop after In-place upgrade Computer is updated across SCCM Task Sequence to 1809. When user trying to enter to their profile it shows message about : [ATTACH] Your PC will automatically restart in one minute Recreate user profile...
  6. Automatic restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Automatic restart: my PC shows blue screen frequently mentioning that it needs to restart. how can i solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/automatic-restart/a84c6cc4-3868-4281-997f-f016d975987a
  7. Bluescreen error, Screen freeze and automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluescreen error, Screen freeze and automatic restarts: Hey So for the past days, I get these following errors: -Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal -IRQL_not_less_or_equal -KERNEL errors -Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area -The most recent one: APC INDEX MISMATCH I have of course a lot more different error codes but IRQL codes are...
  8. PC taking restart automatically while am playing game like PUBG emulator.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC taking restart automatically while am playing game like PUBG emulator.: I am using WIndows 10 OS in my pc. I have high configured PC and also I have sent my pc properties ss here. My problem is while I play any game like PUBG Emulator version, after starting the game in between a match the game quits automatically. The screen of my PC becomes...
  9. Your PC will automatically restart in one minute HELPP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC will automatically restart in one minute HELPP: Hi, and thank you for taking the time to help. I am writing from safe mode. I recently installed windows 10, and ever since i keep getting this message "your pc will automatically restart in one minute" after some minutes of use, or after i open the settings app, then it...
  10. Automatic restarts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic restarts: My brother's pc has 1803 and got a notification for restarting to upgrade to 1903. That's cool and all, but it doesn't restart automatically some days later. The "update and restart" button is a separate button. Does it keep waiting for you to manually restart or will it...