Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic restart

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Unlike those that have fast start enabled, I started experiencing this situation AFTER I disabled it. This includes the command of using SHUTDOWN /S,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JiangXavier, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatic restart

Unlike those that have fast start enabled, I started experiencing this situation AFTER I disabled it.

This includes the command of using SHUTDOWN /S, which made it seem like a serious problem.

There is NO wake (such as USB wake or others) enabled in BIOS/UEFI settings.

I'm running Microsoft Windows, Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.775)

I set it up from a Windows 10 Pro installation disk.

The computer is Fujitsu Lifebook UH554.

The system is able to Sleep. It also hibernates without restart.

I think there is a issue with the system messing up shutdown with restart or whatever.

:)

JiangXavier, Oct 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 automatic restart

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic restart

1. Windows 10 automatic restart - Similar Threads - automatic restart

2. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  3. Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically restart Microsoft 365 apps Outlook after update not Windows update, but...: Hello. I have a laptop that I use at work for a single automated email process, so I need to have Outlook open all the time. I've got Outlook in my Startup folder, so when the automated Windows updates happen and a restart occurs, Outlook opens as it should. But when there...
  4. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  5. My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.

My laptop automatically restarts after my screen turns off, or my device goes to sleep.: It happens every time when I leave my laptop idle for a while. After checking event viewer I can see an error regarding it "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  6. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds: As it restarts automatically. I can't complete the shift + f10 method. After writing regedit and browsing to to setup or status it just turns off...
  7. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds: As it restarts automatically. I can't complete the shift + f10 method. After writing regedit and browsing to to setup or status it just turns off...
  8. My pc restarts automatically after showing this for a few seconds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??: My computer doesn’t want to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-the-blue-screen-and-make-it/aa6cde94-9b58-47c3-97b7-5116e252626c
  10. How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??

How do i get out of the blue screen and make it stop automatically restarting??: My computer doesn’t want to load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-out-of-the-blue-screen-and-make-it/aa6cde94-9b58-47c3-97b7-5116e252626c