Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this laptop that has the black screen of death, but when I go to do to the automatic start-up repair the laptop doesn't even do that. (yes, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sethjohnson23, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair

I have this laptop that has the black screen of death, but when I go to do to the automatic start-up repair the laptop doesn't even do that. (yes, I know turning it off and on 3 times does it, but it doesn't even do that.)

:)

Sethjohnson23, Feb 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair

Windows 10 - automatic repair after memtest session - memory faulty or not?

So i formatted disk , install again Windows 10 , now Windows booting fine without automatic repair. But i tried to reproduce issue by running memtest86 again. So i run test for 5 hours, stop test and booted Windows 10. This time it booted fine without automatic repair. So i guess its fine. But i want to know why it happened earlier? That was still hardware issue? Thx for opinion. Somebody said that can be caused by bad ram.

litwicki24, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair

1. Windows 10 Automatic Start-up Repair - Similar Threads - Automatic Start Repair

2. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic repair start up loop - no memory: HiyaI have tried so many threads to try and fix but nothing is working and I feel its due to not having storage but I don't know how to get around this Auto start stuck on a loop Have tried all advanced options and many command prompts. No restore points or previous versions...
  3. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic repair start up loop - no memory: HiyaI have tried so many threads to try and fix but nothing is working and I feel its due to not having storage but I don't know how to get around this Auto start stuck on a loop Have tried all advanced options and many command prompts. No restore points or previous versions...
  4. Automatic repair start up loop - no memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10: Stuck in Automatic Repair Error and Start Up Repair and Forgot password

Windows 10: Stuck in Automatic Repair Error and Start Up Repair and Forgot password: Hello Guys, I require to know how can I start my startup repair without password. I know the Hello Pin for my windows but since I haven't used tht pc for a very long time I forgot my password . Now I am Getting an Automatic Repair Error and after going forward with Start Up...
  6. Windows 10 Automatic Repair - Endless Loop Upon Start Up

Windows 10 Automatic Repair - Endless Loop Upon Start Up: Hello - I have a help question relating to when I try starting up my desktop PC. I get 3 message screens 1. Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. 2. Automatic Repair couldn't repair your...
  7. Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up

Windows 10 on an automatic repair loop on start up: Windows 10 is on a automatic repair loop at start up nothing wo rks in advance options can not do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-an-automatic-repair-loop-on-start-up/f2822a72-cffa-4ac2-98a1-069e5d86060b
  8. Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.

Windows 10 stuck on "Automatic start up repair, repair failed" loop.: Everything was working fine, but today when I started my pc, it automatically started "Start up repair", after few minutes, it failed with error "Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc" Screenshot(not my PC's, but this image looks exactly like the error in my case):...
  9. Start up takes me to automatic repair windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start up takes me to automatic repair windows 10: Hi, My alienware laptop recently started booting to automatic repair every time I turn it on. I have to select continue to windows startup, and then activate boot options (f12) and manually select my ssd every time I want to start my computer. What is going on?...
  10. Start-up: Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start-up: Preparing Automatic Repair: Hi Long story ... I have a Samsung laptop. Bought it years ago. I went over to Windows 10 when it just came out. After a while it started acting up, so I assumed it was old ... But then on a day on start-up it gave a black screen - nothing else. So I had someone look at it...