Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I made a fresh Windows 10 installation (Upon previous install, after system crash). I noticed that the automatic time setting is not functioning at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samtal, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Samtal Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting

I made a fresh Windows 10 installation (Upon previous install, after system crash).

I noticed that the automatic time setting is not functioning at all.

I did the following:

1. Checked that the Windows Time service is active.

2. Tried several NTP time servers.

In all cases I received time update error from the Windows network time setting app.

Another computer on the same network (actually same desk!) updates the time nicely with any time NTP server I use.

The only thing I can suspect is that my new install is not yet activated (waiting for key).

Any helpful idea??

Thanks.

:)

Samtal, Feb 18, 2019

2. Date and time does not run automatically apart from your guided setting

Hi Gopal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing date & time on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have turned on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically?

Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to turn on automatic time setup if not yet done.

• Type date and time in Search bar on
      Taskbar
      , click on Change the date and time.
    • Turn on Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically.

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the status of Windows Time service.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting

Fluctuating Time Zone Setting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I would suggest you to check if the values for “set time automatically” and “set time zone automatically” under Date and Time settings are “ON”. If not, then suggest you to make the vale to “ON” and check for the status.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Locate Windows Time from the list and double click on the service.
    • In Genereal tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting

1. Windows 10 Automatic Time Setting - Similar Threads - Automatic Setting

2. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...: Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn off first. - Reproduced with same results every time on two different Windows 10 laptops.- Computers had all current updates and had been left on and idle for long enough that there was...
  3. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...: Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn off first. - Reproduced with same results every time on two different Windows 10 laptops.- Computers had all current updates and had been left on and idle for long enough that there was...
  4. Windows 10 will not automatically enter sleep or hibernation unless display is set to turn...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...
  6. Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight

Why would my Window11's wallpaper settings changes? Picture automatically changes to Spotlight: My PC is for gaming. I have been using it for a long time without any trouble.My wallpaper settings were never changed. Its always the DEFAULTS settings - PictureHowever, It was changed to spotlight automatically on yesterday. And i didnt change any settings.Also, My PC didnt...
  7. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  8. Automatic time zone sets wrong location

Automatic time zone sets wrong location: So if my time zone is automatically set, it sets it to Mumbai India, i realise i can set it manually but it is an annoyance. Any ideas how to stop this...
  9. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...
  10. With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...

With Settings using "Set Time Zone automatically" my Laptop sets time zone to MST and I...: My Windows 11 PC rebooted last night update?. It now wants to place me in the Mountain time zone when I am in the Eastern time zone. I had to turn off the automated setting for the time zone to fix this. Please advise...