Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 automatic update on 5/12/19 wiped out excel and word installations. Icons missing and it looks like it is running through the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuperLAX44, May 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations

Windows 10 automatic update on 5/12/19 wiped out excel and word installations. Icons missing and it looks like it is running through the install procedure again. Lost chrome browser favorites

:)

SuperLAX44, May 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 12, 2019
  3. Unable to edit Word documents in Windos 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Word, Excel and PowerPoint are Office applications. There are different Office versions. You may follow the steps below to check which version of Office you are using.

• Go to File Then select Account.

• Click on About Word (Which have symbol of question mark).

I also suggest you to check multiple versions of Microsoft Office is installed or not in your system. You may follow the steps below:

• Go to Control panel.

• Click on programs and features.

Please do let us know the version of Office that you are using for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, May 12, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations

1. Windows 10 automatic update 5/12 wiped out word and excell office instalations - Similar Threads - automatic update wiped

2. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  3. Office 2013 Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2013 Word and Excel: When I try to open either Word or Excel, I get a message 'Something went wrong' . Then I need to close that message and click the icon again, which usually opens the app. I have gone to the Control Panel and 'Repaired' Office 2013 several times, yet the problem exists. Is...
  4. Windows 10 update wiped out everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 update wiped out everything: How do i get all of my documents and photos and files back after windows 10 updated deleted everything. Hundreds of dollars in photo programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-wiped-out-everything/5c622ab8-ab72-4a39-892a-16e8f8f20ed7
  5. Windows 10 update wipes Office

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update wipes Office: I was busy with Outlook on Office 2013 working on an email. I needed to use Skype. Skype had stopped working. I uninstalled Skype, downloaded a new version, and Skype started working again. I tried to return to Outlook and my email, but Outlook had 'disappeared'. I...
  6. Word and excel files and pictures lost after automatic windows update

Word and excel files and pictures lost after automatic windows update: After windows 10 automatic update my word and excel files and pictures are gone. I had it fixed at Staples got home and turned on computer and files missing again. Can't get through to a live Microsoft person....
  7. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 Word and Excel

Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2013 Word and Excel: just installed Windows 10 and now my Microsoft Office 2013 Word and Excel docs open I see data, and then immediately close. Please advise how I can fix this, as I noted from the microsoft website that Windows 10 should recognize Microsoft 2013....
  8. word/excel closing with out warning

word/excel closing with out warning: Why am I getting and error message and then Word or Excel shutting down and not allowing me to save my document? Says it has to repair https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordexcel-closing-with-out-warning/a5486991-42d2-46e8-9da1-b01031a18672
  9. Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 10 and Office 365 Excel and Word Issue: I have repeated a Clean Reinstall and Install of Office 365 twice trying to remedy this problem without success. I have an Excel Workbook file and a Word File saved with password protection. After opening them I can make changes however when I try to save the I get an...
  10. Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Download: Word, Excel and PowerPoint Office touch apps for Windows 10: Microsoft has today announced that a preview of its new Office touch apps for Windows 10 are available in the Windows Store. The apps, which can be downloaded right now, are only available on PCs running the Windows 10 Technical Preview; Microsoft said that they will be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update wiped out office