Windows 10: windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

Discus and support windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi..i am running windows 10 on a dell alienware...it recently automatically updated...now i lost use of my usb ports in windows..i have no mouse or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gavin Enderman, Mar 23, 2019.

1. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

hi..i am running windows 10 on a dell alienware...it recently automatically updated...now i lost use of my usb ports in windows..i have no mouse or keyboard usage so i cant fix this in windows.. i can use both of them in bios but i cant boot into safe mode...i tried F8 and forcing my pc into automatic repair..neither one is working for me

im at a complete loss

:)

Gavin Enderman, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 23, 2019
  4. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard

1. windows 10 automatic update disabled usb ports..no mouse..no keyboard - Similar Threads - automatic update disabled

2. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  5. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  6. USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports stop working and stuck on Windows login due to disabled Keyboard & Mouse: My Windows 10 PC suddenly restarts and USB wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse stop working at the Windows login screen. They work absolutely fine in BIOS. Due to this, I'm stuck at the login screen forever. Nothing works and a clean install is the only option that seems to...
  7. Disable a USB Port

Disable a USB Port: Im having a hughe problem with a USB Port on my laptop I accidently rmoved a small blsck piece from the USB Port and now windows its showing an annoying icon and playing a sound that notification is making my computer stop working specially youtube, it pauses the video how...
  8. Windows 10 disabling USB Ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 disabling USB Ports: After a recent update I have a problem with Windows 10 starting up. When Windows boots up the screen shows the time and date and background scene. At this point I would normally hit ENTER or click the mouse to bring up the PIN entry screen but all of the USB ports and so my...
  9. USB ports disabled after windows update

USB ports disabled after windows update: I ran a windows update last night and now today none of my usb devices work the mouse is lit up but does not actually do anything. Any help would be appreciated as my computer is usuable at the moment....
  10. Update disabled USB Ports.

Update disabled USB Ports.: Windows 10 USB 3.0 Ports got Disabled after a recent failed update try. KB3081438 which downloads, but fails to install [HERE] The ports are powered since i can connect my mobile to the 'disabled' ports and yet charge the device but cannot do any data transfer. But the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update disabled com ports

2. cant use usb mouse after windows 10 update