Windows 10: windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc

Discus and support windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; An auto update of windows 10 yesterday on my laptop happened! At 30% into the process it always closes the laptop down. This time I got a blus screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HighlyHiding, Sep 15, 2018.

1. windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc

An auto update of windows 10 yesterday on my laptop happened! At 30% into the process it always closes the laptop down. This time I got a blus screen message when I powered the laptop up again. "Your pc ran into a problem etc" It closed my laptop automatically and then a screen said "preparing automatic repair". I then get a blank black screen and nothing happens. Ever!!

I can't get to the login page, I cant get into safe mode. I'm totally stuck.

The blus screen advises me to tell Microsoft "unmountable boot volume"

I've tried Microsoft support 4 times but my messages are not delivered so I cant chat with the techies. Help please!!!!!

:)

HighlyHiding, Sep 15, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 15, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Sep 15, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc

1. windows 10 automatic update has broken my pc - Similar Threads - automatic update has

2. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  3. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc: Windows update 17/11 has totally stuffed my PC . It took me over 12Hours yesterday to unbrick it having tried multiple times in recovery mode to start repair, chkdsk repair etc, I was finally able to perform a system restore in RECOVERY to get it going after BSOD.Today it...
  4. Windows update yesterday has broken my Pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc: After I started up my PC from sleep mode I’ve been getting an error from WerFault, at first it just showed the error message without anything else. Then none of the windows app would open/function properly Settings, Start Menu, Photos app, etc… then after closing my pc again...
  6. WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WerFault.exe has completely broken my pc: After I started up my PC from sleep mode I’ve been getting an error from WerFault, at first it just showed the error message without anything else. Then none of the windows app would open/function properly Settings, Start Menu, Photos app, etc… then after closing my pc again...
  7. Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.: I've got a new PC in August and since October it's been breaking and playing up constantly. I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death for a variety of reasons it's never consistent, when my PC does boot it will sometimes have no sound or an inability to connect to the internet...
  8. Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.

Windows 11 has fully broken my PC.: I've got a new PC in August and since October it's been breaking and playing up constantly. I keep getting the Blue Screen of Death for a variety of reasons it's never consistent, when my PC does boot it will sometimes have no sound or an inability to connect to the internet...
  9. Windows 10 update has broken my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update has broken my computer: Turn PC on, black screen. Hit spacebar all USBs turn off and on, then presented with black screen until I see a "Windows 10 updating 30%" pop up then entire PC crashes and the cycle continues. I've tried force restarting many times now, same issue prevails Can't even view...
  10. Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 "Driver Update" has broken my pc: So here's the story, last night at 10:30pm on June 21st, i was just about to close my laptop down for the night when I noticed that there was a notification on the action center saying "driver out of date, reboot to apply." So I did it and left it to do it overnight due to my...