Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a dell 3000 series laptop which i used only for browsing and some document writing. it came with windows 10 pre-installed. this stupid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmitSharma200, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature

I have a dell 3000 series laptop which i used only for browsing and some document writing. it came with windows 10 pre-installed.

this stupid automatic update in windows 10 makes my laptop very slow during update and that irritates my to my death. I do not want these fancy thing that windows is trying to update, i am a home user and just use laptop for browsing etc. Here are some factors.

1) Why do you release update so often. in Feb 2019 itself - there are 5 updates. why do you need to release so often, can you not release once a month or quarter...

2) update runs in back-end and it fails if laptop is re-started and then it starts over.

3) makes laptop super slow, hangs typing, scrolling etc. so irritating.

I get suffer at least 4-5 times for few hours every month for this useless, pathetic, stupid update that i do not need for anything. I searched internet for hours and days to find out a way to stop automatic update but could not get any credible way so i am left with either getting irritated now and then or get rid of windows and move to mac.

My humble request to microsoft to give control to end user to decide when to update at least for few times and for home users.

Amit

:)

AmitSharma200, Mar 3, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 3, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 3, 2019
  4. bigscale Win User

Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature

1. Windows 10 automatic update - In the name of GOD, please stop automatic update feature - Similar Threads - automatic update name

2. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  3. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply: Every few days, Windows restarts my computer from hibernation and destroys hours of work, requiring searching and re-writing data sets which also takes hours.Microsoft needs to stop this vandalism. I want the updating, I don't want the damage. I should be in control of my...
  4. Stop automatic updates - Microsoft - please reply

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Feature Updates on Windows 10 should not be automatic!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Feature Updates on Windows 10 should not be automatic!: Will there be a way of switching off these Windows 10 Feature Updates permanently? They are far too large for everybody. I have tried to point this out to Microsoft so may times. I am on a metered internet connection, so don't get these updates! They just don't come...
  6. Stop automatic windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Stop automatic windows update: I want to be able to check for updates. But I don't want them automatically installed, in particular not the drivers. (One Realtek USB driver kept causing BSODs. I was ready to RMA the computer!) I also don't want to install additional software just for MS to break it. So...
  7. Please Please Please Stop the automatically enabled Gaming Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Please Please Stop the automatically enabled Gaming Features: I respectfully ask Microsoft to PLEASE to STOP trying to provide gaming features for PC gamers! You are not helping us! You are causing our games to lag to the point that our games are unplayable. Stick with XBox! Do not install gaming features that are automatically...
  8. STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOP UPDATING AUTOMATICALLY. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT PLEASE, PLEASE, please STOP IT: I don't care if this has been said before, if there is some workaround, or whatever. It's simple. Stop updating without my explicit consent. STOP IT. Make Windows STOP IT. Yes, I understand that updates are necessary. All you have to implement is one very SIMPLE FEATURE. No...
  9. Are Windows feature updates automatic?

Are Windows feature updates automatic?: Well when my computer was first upgraded to Windows 10 on June 13, 2016, it happened in the earlier hours of the morning (8AM-9AM ish) without my consent. Later that year it kept trying to download the Anniversary Update without my consent and always got stuck on a loading...
  10. Stop Automatic Updates on windows

Stop Automatic Updates on windows: Hello everyone can any body plz tell me how to Stop Automatic updates on windows 10??? 51160