Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Update Options.

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Update Options. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Advanced Options gives 3 Update Options. 1) Give me updates for other Microsoft Products...etc. 2) Automatically download updates even over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrancisRowley, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Update Options.

My Advanced Options gives 3 Update Options.

1) Give me updates for other Microsoft Products...etc.

2) Automatically download updates even over metered data connections...etc.

3) we'll show a reminder when we're going to restart...etc.

2) is the problem...it will not go to the ON position...(note I do not have a data limit.)

Is this normal...I am getting Defender updates OK. and I am in the habit of checking for update regularly.

Windows 10 version 1809 has not appeared yet.

Any advice will be appreciated.

:)

FrancisRowley, Oct 31, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 31, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Update Options.

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Update Options.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Update Options. - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Options

2. You can now enable automatic optional updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    You can now enable automatic optional updates on Windows 10: After bringing Copilot to Windows 10, Microsoft is bringing a new Windows Update feature to the OS from Windows 11. With the improved group policy “Enable optional updates”, you can now automatically install optional updates through Windows update. This includes the updates...
  3. Automatically install the optional updates in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatically install the optional updates in Windows 10.: Is there a way to set Windows 10 machines to automatically download and install the optional updates offered by Windows Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-install-the-optional-updates-in/f2361eaa-6ab1-441e-b383-9b82118f00a6
  4. Install optional feature updates automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install optional feature updates automatically: Is there a way I can force the Windows 10 to fully automatically download and install optional feature updates like 20H2 as soon as they are out? submitted by /u/Vinderguy [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Updates

Windows 10 Automatic Updates: I'm guessing this question has been asked and answered a few times. But I can't seem to find the answer. I upgraded to Windows 10 version 1909 last month. I'm assuming that all updates need to be installed. I may be wrong, but I don't know enough about it to determine what's...
  6. Windows 10 automatic updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 automatic updates: I have been waiting for my computer to do updates for over 1 and a half hours this morning and have found the automatic updates highly irritating in the past. Is there a way I can turn automatic updates off completely? I feel the way that Apple does its updates is far better....
  7. Windows 10 Automatic update

Windows 10 Automatic update: Hi, I have been having this problem ever since windows 10 was released as a free upgrade. Everytime my windows has a update of any kind, I have to manually start that update. If I don't and start a game, my computer ends up running very very slowly, even when I exit the game...
  8. No WiFi option after Windows 10 automatic update - Intel NUC8i7HNK

No WiFi option after Windows 10 automatic update - Intel NUC8i7HNK: Almost brand new Intel NUC, a couple of months old with an internal/ integrated WiFi. Have tried everything, got internet connection working using Ethernet cable. Used the "Intel Driver and Support Assistant" to update all drivers. - It reports success Reinstalled...
  9. Windows 10 automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 automatic updates: Windows is automatically updating my drivers even though I have disabled the automatic drivers updating in the Device Installation Settings. The problem is windows is automatically installing Realtek HD audio drivers and since I use a sound card "Sound Blaster Z" this is...
  10. Interruption options during Windows 10 automatic update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Interruption options during Windows 10 automatic update ?: Once Windows 10 starts automatic updates - sometimes even without user permission - what are user options to interrupt the automatic update process (can't wait/can see it will fail/Windows 10 cuts off network connection with the new MS net drivers which you detect by...