Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My work computer just installed the Windows 10 (1809) update KBB4467708, while inside of a backpack with active hours set for the period of time that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NameConventionsAreAnnoyin, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health

My work computer just installed the Windows 10 (1809) update KBB4467708, while inside of a backpack with active hours set for the period of time that it occurred during. Microsoft please stop this, it's getting bad. I thought that the battery was short circuiting when I pulled the hot device out of my bag. Seeing as the device had 2% battery power when I got it plugged in and running (after getting a fire extinguisher and setting the device on a baking sheet) the device could have easily crashed in the middle of the update from either over heating or from lower power, which would leave the future of the device dependent on my restore points.

The company that I work for does 3D scanning (sometimes on battery power only), you could have cost us a client.

Also, about a month ago your OS scared me over to linux, which is pretty sad considering the fact that I'm a mechanical engineer and a lot of the software I want to use is on your platform.

Cordially, Not a fan anymore.

:)

NameConventionsAreAnnoyin, Nov 14, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 14, 2018
  3. bigscale Win User
    windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Nov 14, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health

1. Windows 10 Automatic Update - Potential Fire Hazard and Bad for Your CPU Health - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Potential

2. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  3. Automatic Updates Good or Bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Updates Good or Bad?: Hello.So, since Windows XP, there was an automatic updates feature. But I'm one of those people who DON'T like it. I just want to see your opinion about this feature....
  4. MIDI is Not a Security Hazard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MIDI is Not a Security Hazard: By modifying Windows' HID drivers to only allow one app to connect to any device at a time, you've screwed your music production community big time. You've removed the ability to have MIDI controller configuration software connected at the same time as a DAW or virtual...
  5. It's August 18 and modern standby is still a fire and safety hazard that destroys battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    It's August 18 and modern standby is still a fire and safety hazard that destroys battery life: I had the exact same thing happen today as yesterday. I closed my laptop and put it in my bag for the drive home, and when I got home 20 minutes later it was burning hot. There's no reason my laptop should be waking up after I've closed the lid when I have it set to lid =...
  6. Microsoft windows 10 2004 version update overheat fire hazard

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Microsoft windows 10 2004 version update overheat fire hazard: When the update is so hazardous to one's life in real life that their laptops are going to become the next Samsung Note7, you know something is seriously wrong with the update. I have done so many changes in my laptop since the update before I managed to find out that the...
  7. your updates are bad and you should feel bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    your updates are bad and you should feel bad: hi, i just wanted to put it out there that i had my computer on sleep and went to do something for a bit while i had photoshop and an unsaved file open. then my garbage, terrible os started updating. i woke it from sleep, and it was on my lock screen except it wouldn't let me...
  8. Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Are automatic updates the best of bad choices.?: This article talks about forced video driver updates causing significant problems. Windows 10 Automatic Updates Start Causing Problems - Forbes On my wife's Win 7 dual monitor setup an "optional" update caused problems with the setup of one monitor. Reverting to the...
  9. WinSCP Installation firing up automatically

in Windows 10 Support
    WinSCP Installation firing up automatically: Hi all, My name is Paulo and this is my fisrt Post on tenforums. For a couple of weeks now i have been experiencing strange behaviors with the WinSCP installer being fired up out of the blue. I would like to have your support to see if i can fix this. System...
  10. Amazon Recalls Portable Power Banks Due to Fire and Burn Hazards

in Windows 10 News
    Amazon Recalls Portable Power Banks Due to Fire and Burn Hazards: Amazon Recalls Portable Power Banks Due to Fire and Chemical Burn Hazards (Recall Alert) Name of product: AmazonBasics portable power banks Hazard: The power bank’s battery can overheat and ignite, posing fire and burn hazards. Remedy: Refund Recall date:...