Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software.

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not a computer professional, just an average user. But I'm experiencing an issue with the new style of windows automatic updates. For the past. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LostOutlaw57, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software.

I'm not a computer professional, just an average user. But I'm experiencing an issue with the new style of windows automatic updates.

For the past. I dunno year or so now it's been quite frustrating. At some point microsoft felt it would be a good idea to include AMD's video card drivers in their windows automatic update listings. so you can rest assured that your video card will have the newest drivers when they come out.

great theory.. big problem..

AMD's own Radeon driver software already does this.. it has for years. It works fine. it also gives you the option of READING WHAT THE DRIVER IS

and if it even pertains to your video card or any games you currently own. you can read the driver details and see what the update is for.

A lot of times you can save yourself the bandwith/data and time and energy and just hold off updating for a month or so until one of them becomes actually relevant and includes some sort of update for your personal situation.

AMD describes their driver's in detail, something that microsoft with their still after nearly what 10 15 years horribly clunky and terrible to use update program. provides only the very basic driver information usually being a reference number.

Not only is it terrible at describing the updates. but its often far far behind AMD's platform. by months even.

This is not even the most frustrating problem with this arrangement, I'll get to that. But returning to what I was just saying.

As I'm writing this I'm allowing AMD to Re-update itself. because windows decided it had found a new driver for the amd. and just went ahead and installed it.

This driver was 2 months old.. AMD has already released like 3 driver updates since then? and the windows update just rolled me back to an older driver.....

so windows update does an update. and says hey you need to reboot.. i'm like cool. reboot. computer does its thing. voila im back at desktop now AMD radeon is pinging me saying hey.... there's a newer driver than the one you are currently using....... *facepalm*

This... this is not even the most frustrating part about this entire situation, as I stated above..

So I have a RX580 graphics card. it's fairly common. has some hdmi outs display port. all the typical things. hdmi audio.

HDMI audio. lets talk about this for a second.

So AMD supplies their own driver for the HDMI audio codec.. I would imagine it's good?

Microsoft also has their own HDMI audio codec. I would imagine it's also just as good as the AMD and they both do their job's fine.

Here's the problem anytime the amd software updates. it installs it's own HDMI codec for the audio.

then microsoft on the reboot. is saying hey. we need to update your HDMI audio codec.

So it's a double loop of updating nonsense... Microsoft update keeps trying to roll back my graphics driver cause its terrible.

And AMD is updating my hdmi audio codec. and microsoft update (again) just cannot understand that another hdmi codec could possibly exist and work just fine....

Is there anything... I can do that can stop this from happening?

:)

LostOutlaw57, Feb 2, 2019
  2. NMUK Win User

AMD ATI Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

After many users reporting the same issue after AMD Windows 10 Nov 2017 update where rolling back driver was not working we found the steps to resolve this for all of them at AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Extracted steps from this article and post by psylocyble/jcorallo:

• Device Manager
    • Display Adapters and right click on your installed adapter
    • Choose Update Driver
    • "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    • In the list choose an older driver and click Next

In our case it was the 2015 driver which resolved the issue for most users.

Microsoft or ATI/AMD have made an major mistake in releasing these updates as we have received many calls in the last 3 working days from clients, for some reason is using Microsoft generic drivers instead after the update.

Hope this helps you and others.

NMUK, Feb 2, 2019
  3. PaulGo Win User
    Latest AMD Radeon Graphics Driver for Windows 10

AMD Driver

​​ Radeon Software Crimson Edition Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-Bit

The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition contains the following:

• AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Display Driver version 15.30.1025.1001
    Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 10 64-bit
    Included Highlights: Visit the Features section below to learn more about the following:

• ​Radeon Settings
    • New Install UI
    • Liquid VR
    • Asynchronous Shaders
    • Shader Cache
    • Optimized Flip Queue Size
    • Freesync™ Enhancements
    • Custom Resolution Support
    • Frame Pacing Enhancements
    • Frame Rate Target Control Enhancements
    • Updated Video Feature support for 'Carrizo' products
    • Power Optimization
    • Directional Scaling
    • Dynamic Contrast Update
    • DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 support

Desktop

PaulGo, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software.

AMD Radeon Settings update CRASHES

Hi,

It is possible your AMD Radeon Settings crashes after update due to compatibility issue. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you get any error messages? If yes, could you provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does this happen only when you watch videos?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software.

1. Windows 10 automatic updates and AMD Radeon software. - Similar Threads - automatic updates AMD

2. amd radeon software not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon software not working: Everytime i open it, it says, "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver." how can i fix this?Sincerely, Damian...
  3. amd radeon software not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd radeon software not working: Everytime i open it, it says, "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver." how can i fix this?Sincerely, Damian...
  4. AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem: I have installed the latest AMD display driver Radeon Software on my Asus Rog Strix Laptop, however, each time windows update trying to update this driver to an older version.In device manager, it shows the latest driver is installed but in windows update, it's trying to...
  5. AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem

AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem: I have installed the latest AMD display driver Radeon Software on my Asus Rog Strix Laptop, however, each time windows update trying to update this driver to an older version.In device manager, it shows the latest driver is installed but in windows update, it's trying to...
  6. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  7. amd radeon software failed to update

amd radeon software failed to update: i am trying to update my amd driver to 21.10.2 but it tells me update failed i have no clue why my pc specs ryzen 5 4650g16gb ram 3200mhzno gpu its integrated...
  8. amd radeon software failed to update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. AMD radeon software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD radeon software: Do I need the AMD radeon software if I dont have a radeon graphics card ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-software/8bbc4d66-0ce7-4e2d-b4e4-63ffe55d80a9
  10. Cant Open AMD radeon software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Open AMD radeon software: Cant Open AMD radeon software i was recentky updateing AMD radeon software when i got a error code and said the update couldnt be complete so i closed the program and now it will never open again even on a differnt user on the PC...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon new software pop up

2. amd catalyst software suite keeps popping up

3. why does my computer keep coming up with new radeon updates available

4. amd catalyst software suite,
  5. amd catalyst ソフトウェア スイート,
  6. amd catalyst software suite 19,
  7. amd catalyst software suite 19.10.15.05,
  8. amd catalyst software suite update issue,
  9. radeon settings automatic updates,
  10. turn on automatic updates radeon software,
  11. amd radeon automatic updates windows 10