Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install)

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried googling but haven't seem to found anything to help me. I don't mind the updates automatically downloading them and informing me of them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Adeen321, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install)

I've tried googling but haven't seem to found anything to help me. I don't mind the updates automatically downloading them and informing me of them, but I absolutely despise the system choosing to install and restart my pc for me. The "active hours" feature doesn't help me, I don't have a regular schedule/routine with my PC, and even so I may want to leave it on overnight to be working on something. I know I could just disable the windows update service in services.msc, but I don't want to disable the updates I just want to be in control of when they get installed and when I restart my PC. Can anyone provide any help? Thank you.

submitted by /u/Adeen321
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Adeen321, Jul 21, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Jul 21, 2020
  3. m4gicfour Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 21, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install)

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install)

1. Windows 10 Automatic Updates (download but not install) - Similar Threads - Automatic Updates download

2. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install: After making fresh install8 times in row now of windows 10 from USB, I can't get automatic updates up and running. PC freezeshard reset only option when downloading and other times gives Windows Update error KB4019474I returned BIOS settings to default. After getting an error...
  3. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install: After making fresh install8 times in row now of windows 10 from USB, I can't get automatic updates up and running. PC freezeshard reset only option when downloading and other times gives Windows Update error KB4019474I returned BIOS settings to default. After getting an error...
  4. Windows 10 can't download automatic updates fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  6. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install: On Windows 10 Pro, I am looking for a way to leave on Automatic Update downloads, but not automatically install them. This was an option in previous versions of Windows. Before, I could set updates to download and Windows would just alert me that the updates need to be...
  7. Windows 10 Automatic Update Download without Automatic install

8. When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs

When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs: When checking for updates on Windows 10 it automatically downloads and installs. I prefer the behavior to be that it just checks for available updates and let me choose which updates to download. This was possible with Windows 7, but I have not been able to do this on my...
  9. Defender Updates - Automatic OK to download and install?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Defender Updates - Automatic OK to download and install?: I'm using Windows 10 18363.778. I would like to give an automatic approval to Windows to download and install Security Intelligence Updates for Windows Defender Antivirus, without any human interaction. But I'd also like to keep the deferrals I have set for quality and...
  10. windows update 'Automatically Download Updates'

windows update 'Automatically Download Updates': In settings-wndows update-advanced options. When I try to select 'Automatically Download Updates' the slider just returns to the off position. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-automatically-download-updates/0e0f6b58-f8b6-4f22-abf2-4e27b8d2e120