Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just read an article that claims that Microsoft will automatically install Windows 10 on your computer if you have Windows 7 & 8. This is bad because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sonicchill, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

Just read an article that claims that Microsoft will automatically install Windows 10 on your computer if you have Windows 7 & 8. This is bad because I personally will never use it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonke.../#3672c44175eb

"Happy using Windows 7 or Windows 8? You might not be happy much longer, because Microsoft has announced Windows 10 will now start installing automatically on Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs…
    The development sees Microsoft follow through on its controversial October roadmap which said Windows 10 would have its status changed in 2016 to become a ‘Recommended’ upgrade in Windows Update. In basic terms this means anyone who uses Windows 7 or Windows 8 with default Windows Update settings (the vast majority) will now see Windows 10 begin installing by itself.
    The good news is Windows 7 and Windows 8 users will still have the power to interrupt the installation once it has started, but this still represents by far the most aggressive measure Microsoft has taken to achieve its stated goal of one billion Windows 10 installations by 2017."

Also google "how to stop Windows 10 from using your PC's bandwidth to update strangers' systems". Just WOW.

:)

sonicchill, Feb 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 Wont Activate after upgrade

Windows 8 key and windows 7 keys don't work for windows 10 when you upgrade it should automatically use your windows 7/8 key to create a 10 key it did for me and if it ask for key during upgrade skip it

gr1mreaper1989, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Simu_72 Win User
    Windows 10 product key

Does this mean that I can not upgrade from Windows 7 to 10?

Simu_72, Feb 2, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

Sigh.. another blog from a known anti MS shrill.

BunnyJ, Feb 2, 2016
  5. Windows 10 is more akin to malware than anything else.

sonicchill, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8

1. Windows 10 Automatic Upgrades Hit Windows 7 And Windows 8 - Similar Threads - Automatic Upgrades Hit

2. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  3. Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 to 8 upgrade fails: Everytime I upgrade from Windows 7 to 8 RTM, it boots into a black screen, and then after that, I have to force reboot for it to rollback. I attached the logs below. I must upgrade to Windows 8 RTM. I know it is EOL but I must do it for reasons that will not be disclosed....
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 7/8/8.1: Hi, Can I still upgrade free of cost into windows 10 from windows 7 or windows 8/8.1 Computers. They can activate by windows 7/8/8.1 product keys. Please reply...
  5. Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 8 upgraded to Windows 10: If my pc was manufactured with windows 8 and I have upgraded up to Windows 10 over the years now I need to fix, boot from a USB, reset, or install a fresh copy of windows on to my pc so what version of windows do I need to create the recovery disk? Because I created a...
  6. Windows 10, 8, or 7

Windows 10, 8, or 7: Can Windows 10, 8, or 7 be installed on a MacBook Pro laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-8-or-7/1b2b0ef2-d4e9-494a-afda-ab7773e1ea39
  7. Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading Windows 7/8 to Windows 10: I have some legal/technical questions Today I updated 3 pcs to Windows 10 1909 PC1: Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro, I didn't need to provide a license key. PC2: Windows 8 Home to Windows 10 Home, I didn't need to provide a license key, but when I tried to upgrade from...
  8. Is it legal to upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 without a license key to Windows 10...

Is it legal to upgrade Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 without a license key to Windows 10...: Hi, I have a question. I have a lot of computers in my company that i must to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. These computers have a windows 7 and 8 license. IS IT LEGAL to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 using the Create Windows 10 installation media? I tested...
  9. windows 8 to 10 upgrade

windows 8 to 10 upgrade: I have windows 8 (not 8.1) on a laptop. I have ran updates till there are no more important updates. I want to upgrade to 10. I looked at the tutorial (Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums[2]=Installation%20and%20Setup#step6) and it seems straight forward....
  10. Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 & Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10: Windows 7 and Windows 8 Users Can Now Upgrade to Windows 10 Technical Preview - Softpedia Does this mean that all users can upgrade, now? 3770