Windows 10: Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power

Discus and support Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, My computer has been automatically waking itself after I hibernate it. I wondered if this was because I had nudged the mouse or something but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GilesConnolly, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power

Hi, My computer has been automatically waking itself after I hibernate it. I wondered if this was because I had nudged the mouse or something but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I look for the last wake in command prompt I get no useful information:C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwakeWake History Count - 1Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 0C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg/devicequery wake_armedHID Keyboard DeviceHID-compliant mouse 001I have the logs from the event viewer but I'm not able to make sense of them. The power troubleshooter log provides no info

:)

GilesConnolly, Apr 23, 2021

2. Windows 10 Power Options Sleep mode does not wake

Hi,

By pressing any key on the keyboard, clicking the mouse button, or opening the lid (if using a laptop), you should be able to wake up your computer from sleep. If you are having trouble doing such, we suggest that you perform the following to automatically
    restore your power settings:

• Click Start > Settings > System.
    • Go to Power & sleep, then click Additional power settings.
    • Click the Change plan settings under your power plan.
    • Click Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click Yes to confirm.

We also recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana, the search box on your task bar.
    • Click on View All on the left panel.
    • Click Power, then follow the on screen instructions.

This is an built-in tool which will help you find and fix issue that pertains to your power or hardware settings.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Why does Power Options -> Sleep -> Allow wake Timers -> Disabled not work?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How do you think that Spotify is causing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps

• Go to device manager.
    • Click on network adapters.
    • Right on the network adapters.
    • Click on power management.
    • Uncheck the option Allow this device to wake this computer.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power

Windows 10 won't wake up from prolonged sleep (or hibernate or shutdown) conditions

Regarding your concern with Windows 10 not waking up after prolonged sleep, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Go to Control Panel > Power options.
    • Click Change plan settings for Power saver.
    • Click Change advanced power settings > Restore plan defaults >
      OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power

1. Windows 10 automatic wake up from low power - Similar Threads - automatic wake low

2. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  3. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  4. Desktop Keeps Waking Up With "The system has returned from a low power state" Message

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop Keeps Waking Up With "The system has returned from a low power state" Message: I have been dealing with this issue for a long time on my desktop at several different houses and apartments. I believe it is related to an AC unit or my mini fridge powering on. Whenever my desktop is asleep and the AC unit or mini fridge powers up my keyboard flickers on...
  5. Automatic Power Up on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Power Up on Windows 10: Every night, I shut down and power off my machine, which is running Windows 10 64-bit. Almost every morning approx. 99/100, when I get up and go to my office, my machine is up and running. This is from a shut down and powered off state. I have observed this happening,...
  6. Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state.

Computer waking up automatically now: The system has returned from a low power state.: After the last windows update I've been getting a frequent wake-up whenever my copmuter sleeps, the difference is before it had to be through the USB controller. Now even though I had WOL and other settings on, the lan adapter is frequently turning the computer on after...
  7. Can windows 10 wake up from HDMI device powering on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can windows 10 wake up from HDMI device powering on?: Just looking for a way to wake up my pc when my A/V recurved switches to the PC (Connected via HDMI). submitted by /u/StrokeMyAxe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dxuusu/can_windows_10_wake_up_from_hdmi_device_powering/
  8. Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically

Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep automatically...i changed the option in sign in options to PC wakes from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wake-up-from-sleep-automatically/38e1faf4-90b2-415d-830d-d6d266b326dd
  9. Windows 10 Wake Up From Sleep Without Power Button?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Wake Up From Sleep Without Power Button?: My power button is currently broken. Is there a way to have a keyboard or mouse input wake up the computer instead? Thanks! 99208
  10. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    computer automatically wakes up from sleep: Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time. I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have...