Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, Until a few hours ago I had no issues, and then left my pc locked for about 2 hours to go get a sandwich or something and returned to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NoneOfYourBusiness__, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself

Hello there,

Until a few hours ago I had no issues, and then left my pc locked for about 2 hours to go get a sandwich or something and returned to find this new issue. This issue has never occurred any time on this 4 year old computer so I have ruled out any hardware issues.

At random and while I'm in the middle of typing, my computer will lock itself and require I re-enter the password.

I have all settings related to sleep mode and auto-locking set to never. Dynamic sign in options are disabled. My CPU power saving options are set to never turn off the display.

I've already tried updating my display drivers and checking for windows updates as well as numerous restarts, but nothing has worked.

For an example of how frequently it happens: my computer locked itself 4 times while typing the above text.

Please and thank you for any assistance.

submitted by /u/NoneOfYourBusiness__
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NoneOfYourBusiness__, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Feb 6, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself

Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself

1. Windows 10 automatically and randomly locking itself - Similar Threads - automatically randomly locking

2. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains: I have a Windows 10 laptop, my laptop keeps locking randomly and then when I turn it back on it won't turn on until I charge it battery just drained after it locks when though it was at 100%. Then I charge when it's dead and it goes to 100% in a few minutes. I checked battery...
  3. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains: I have a Windows 10 laptop, my laptop keeps locking randomly and then when I turn it back on it won't turn on until I charge it battery just drained after it locks when though it was at 100%. Then I charge when it's dead and it goes to 100% in a few minutes. I checked battery...
  4. Windows 10 laptop locks itself randomly battery drains

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Num Lock randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Num Lock randomly turns itself off: This happens multiple times a day where I will go to use the Num Pad and find that Num Lock has turned itself off. I have to turn it back on almost every time, even though I never turn it off. Why does this happen?...
  6. Computer Locking itself Automatically

Computer Locking itself Automatically: HP EliteBook 745 G6 Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.928 keeps locking itself while charging and does not show any errors just a splash blue screen which appears for almost 3 seconds ,even if its idle or just typing MSword or doing other staff....
  7. Windows 10 locked computer by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 locked computer by itself: My HP Envy x360 locked up by itself while launching a game, i know the game wasn't a virus because it was Minecraft: Java edition but may be something else, please let me know if this is a virus or a windows error, Thank you!...
  8. Screen locks itself randomly

Screen locks itself randomly: My laptop started locking itself randomly while in use. I notice this change since I made update last week. I checked my power settings and nothing has changed. My laptop is set to "NEVER" sleep on battery and when plugged in. I also checked the advanced settings,...
  9. Computer randomly locks itself

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer randomly locks itself: Why is this happening and how do I stop it? Pc randomly comes up with this after a short period of time [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-locks-itself/9bc5c3d1-3d56-4b26-b805-82144c850cda
  10. Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Freeze / Lock Up then reboots itself.: Just got a new laptop from Xtoic PC, The Model is a MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G-219, I received a defective adapter , it died in 1 day of use, so I had to purchase new one from AMAZON the brand of the adapter was HP and has the same watts and amps, I used it on the laptop,...