Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since a couple days ago my microphone input volume has been randomly automatically set to 2/100 from 100/100 making it impossible for people to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BudWeiser3, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly

Ever since a couple days ago my microphone input volume has been randomly automatically set to 2/100 from 100/100 making it impossible for people to hear me on voice. It happens when I load into a game so it makes gaming on discord a pain, since I have to manually change the input volume in device properties multiple times per day now. I havent downloaded anything new manually, although its possible there was a windows update or something. Wondering if anybody else has this issue or knows how to fix. Ive tried going into device properties and allow and disallow applications to take exclusive control of the device and neither option works, so ive set it back to default. Can't figure this out or find anything online similar and would really like some help here. If it helps my microphone is a Cyborg F.R.E.Q.5 gaming headset.

:)

BudWeiser3, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Supra Win User

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

The microphone on the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is quite loud and sensitive, so I decrease the input volume by 30% in the recording devices menu, but regardless of disallowing access to it from other programs e.g. Skype, it always seems to change back up to 91% after awhile. I'll attach screenshots of the settings I've changed in Skype/recording devices. How would I completely prevent the volume readjusting itself?

Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly [​IMG]

Supra, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Supra Win User
    Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

Worked to resolve the issue myself. I learned running CS:GO maxes your input volume when you launch it, which, to control via console command is 'voice_mixer_volume 0.5' (50% volume) and also set Steam in-game microphone volume so it correlates with Windows' input volume.

Supra, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly

Microphone input volume settings changes when playing games

Original title: Microphone input volume settings

Hello,

Some games that I play reset the Microphone input volume settings.

This happens every time I start the game during the same session in Windows 10.

I have tried make a profile in the voice settings to prevent this but it hasn't helped.

The path I use is:

Recording devices--->Microphone--->properties----"Levels" tab

The slider resets to 100 every time game is started.

Some Engineer, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly

1. Windows 10 automatically changes Microphone input volume randomly - Similar Threads - automatically changes Microphone

2. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  3. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  4. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Low microphone input volume

Low microphone input volume: Hello I bought a new RØDE VideoMicro microphone and it have very low input volume. I would like to ask if is there some solution to fix this without Boosting microphone because it decrease sound quality a lot and there is a lot effervesence. I tried use another port in my...
  6. Microphone changes automatically to 100 percent mic volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone changes automatically to 100 percent mic volume: Title explains itself Made sure to uncheck: "Give exclusive mode applications priority" "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" My microphone is a Samson Q2U (using usb) submitted by /u/Abseka [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 volume Randomly changes

Windows 10 volume Randomly changes: This issue started with the last windows update which i tried to stop but of course did nothing. The issue happens any time on any app or program i will be minding my own businesses and the audio will either turn up to what seems the loudest it can get, i cant change the...
  8. Windows 10 Volume Changes Randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Volume Changes Randomly: Not sure when this problem started but it's been within the last six or seven months 10/2019 - 05/2020. It's possible it happened after a Windows 10 update. I would roll it back if I knew. System volume randomly fluctuates while listening to any audio source internet...
  9. Windows 10-Volume Randomly Changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10-Volume Randomly Changes: Sometimes when i'm watching youtube or doing anything at all my volume randomly changes from what I have it set at which is 70. Sometimes it just skyrockets and sometimes it becomes really quiet, does anyone know whats going on and how to fix it?...
  10. Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume

Windows Automatically Increases Microphone Volume: The microphone on the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 is quite loud and sensitive, so I decrease the input volume by 30% in the recording devices menu, but regardless of disallowing access to it from other programs e.g. Skype, it always seems to change back up to 91% after awhile. I'll...