Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatically changes Sound when Microphone gets enabled

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatically changes Sound when Microphone gets enabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Comunity, I am an IT Technician with 7 Years of experience and I'm on the verge of giving up on this one: When my microphone gets activated, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Herr B, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Herr B Win User

Windows 10 Automatically changes Sound when Microphone gets enabled

Dear Comunity,

I am an IT Technician with 7 Years of experience and I'm on the verge of giving up on this one:

When my microphone gets activated, the output audio quality and volume gets changed. I have noticed that throughout different Versions over several Years.

Some examples:
    I open Adobe Premiere. Premiere uses the Microphone -> Sound quality and volume worsens. (Perfectwhen editing video)

I start a Skype call. The Volume goes down and the sound quality worsens.

I start Nvidia Instant Replay recording, the Audio quality gets changed. Thats terrible behavior.

As some might suggest, there is the "Communications" tab within the advanced audio settings. But it is already set to "When windows detects communication activity -> do nothing".

My Windows Version is 1909 - 18363.900

Windows 10 Automatically changes Sound when Microphone gets enabled [​IMG]

Does anyone have an Idea on how to change that behavior?

Best Regards,

Julian

:)

Herr B, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Enabling Microphone Settings on Windows 10.

Hi sid071,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern. This setting might have disabled the Microphone in the computer.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and enable the Microphone.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Control and hit enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and sound > click on sound
      on the right pane.
    4. Choose Recording tab and find the Microphone on the devices list.
    • If you can’t find it:
      Right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Headphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the Headphone is enabled.
    5. Select the Microphone and click the button Set Default. (Ref fig 1)

Windows 10 Automatically changes Sound when Microphone gets enabled 8980565f-cfff-462d-b128-af1f8b5f4908?upload=true.png

Fig 1: Enable Microphone.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Conexant SmartAudio HD Microphone is quiet

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is Enabled

• Type Sound in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • In Recording Tab make sure that the Microphone is Enabled.
    Method 2: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware troubleshooter
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us if you have any further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Automatically changes Sound when Microphone gets enabled - Similar Threads - Automatically changes Sound

2. Sounds get automatically muted when in a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds get automatically muted when in a call: Hi, My app volumes all automatically gets muted when I'm in a call with someone I'm using discord when I/people inside the call talk windows just automatically mute all other apps volume, is there any way to turn it off? I'm on windows 11 btw...
  3. Sounds get automatically muted when in a call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds get automatically muted when in a call: Hi, My app volumes all automatically gets muted when I'm in a call with someone I'm using discord when I/people inside the call talk windows just automatically mute all other apps volume, is there any way to turn it off? I'm on windows 11 btw...
  4. Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !: Goodmorning everyone.So i bought my new monitor few days ago Alienware AW2723DF 1440p for my PC ,which supports HDR 600.When i enable HDR under Monitor's option menu Windows 11 will change the brightness automatically depending onwhat i'm viewing !I notice that mainly while...
  5. Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !

Windows 11 Changes Brightness automatically when i enable HDR !: Goodmorning everyone.So i bought my new monitor few days ago Alienware AW2723DF 1440p for my PC ,which supports HDR 600.When i enable HDR under Monitor's option menu Windows 11 will change the brightness automatically depending onwhat i'm viewing !I notice that mainly while...
  6. Headphone make no sound if i enable microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone make no sound if i enable microphone: HelloSo every time I use my microphone, my headphone stopped working and doesn't make any sound.Is there any way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphone-make-no-sound-if-i-enable-microphone/3c66b4f3-7db8-4db5-a157-def2fb7ff775
  7. Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone keeps enabling and disabling in Sound settings: I built a new PC recently and have been using my Xbox One controller's microphone as a microphone as I don't have one and I noticed that it wasn't connecting anymore flashing like crazy disconnect and reconnect under Discord's settings and then stopped detecting and went to...
  8. Microphone Sound Level Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Sound Level Changing: I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer however is automatically changing the volume level to what it thinks it should be when I speak and it is too high. How do I...
  9. BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker automatically enabled when computer gets added to the domain?: I talked to my boss about this issue, and he claims there is no domain group policy in place to automatically enable BitLocker when computers get added to the domain. Is there any way this could just be a security feature in Windows 10 that any computer added to any domain...
  10. When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62

When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62: Whenever I activate Cortana either by clicking the little microphone icon near Ask me anything bar or by WinKey + C, the sound level of my microphone changes to 62, so I several times went to Recording Devices -> Right click on Microphone -> Properties -> Levels tab and...