Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My downloads folder has been automatically deleted for the second time with no warning. ALL the files got deleted except 4 that I will put in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pilotdave181, May 6, 2020.

1. Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder

My downloads folder has been automatically deleted for the second time with no warning. ALL the files got deleted except 4 that I will put in the screenshot. Are these files responsible? I have not run disk cleanup recently, nor Ccleaner and storage sense is deactivated on my PC. I tried to recover my files with the Recuva program but it didn't work, this is quite annoying. Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder 910353f2-9fee-49df-be2c-fcf7b95fe405?upload=true.png

:)

pilotdave181, May 6, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, May 6, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, May 6, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder

I deleted $Windows~.BT folder that was propably Windows 10 files. How to recover?

Hello,

So about two weeks ago I deleted a $Windows~.BT folder (through the cmd). Now I know that was Windows 10 files ready for install.

How can I download it again? I'm sure I need to reinstall some update. But which?

Tintai

Tintai, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder

1. Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder - Similar Threads - automatically deletes downloads

2. Deleted the Downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted the Downloads folder.: I deleted the downloads folder by mistake and now I dont have access to any files. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-the-downloads-folder/9dcdfd0d-9502-4dd5-9788-a7979faadcd5
  3. Deleted the Downloads folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted the Downloads folder.: I deleted the downloads folder by mistake and now I dont have access to any files. Help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-the-downloads-folder/9dcdfd0d-9502-4dd5-9788-a7979faadcd5
  4. Deleted Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Downloads folder: I tried to shred a single file in the Downloads folder using Avast File Shredder but the entire Downloads folder and all of it's contents was deleted. Now when I click on the File Explorer button in the task bar the Downloads shortcut button is still in the ladder on the left...
  5. .zip files automatically delete from my downloads folder

.zip files automatically delete from my downloads folder: whenever i download a zip file it deletes when opened so I cannot extract it I've tried turning off my antivirus but it still doesn't work I've tried cleaning up my drivers aswell. how do I fix this?...
  6. Accidentally deleted my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally deleted my downloads folder: I was messing around in WinRar and accidentally selected my downloads folder and deleted it, I then proceeded to empty my recycle bin because I’m dumb and thought I deleted the right file, how can I restore the folder, I have tried a boot media and doing a system restore but...
  7. New downloads being automatically deleted from downloads folder

New downloads being automatically deleted from downloads folder: ive been trying to play roblox open downloaded files from https://wearedevs.net/exploits but it automatically delets when i open it any help?...
  8. Downloads Folder Deleted

Downloads Folder Deleted: Hello All I recently upgrade my laptop from a HDD to a SSD M2 Samsung 970 Pro. I did a system clone from my HDD to my SSD with no problems and changed my SSD to the primary boot which of course made that my C drive, and the i still have the HDD installed as my data drive....
  9. Windows 10 automatically deleting my files that get saved in Downloads folder

Windows 10 automatically deleting my files that get saved in Downloads folder: My laptop has a pre-installed version of Windows 10. I have noticed that the files that get saved in the download folder get automatically deleted within a span of 2-3 day. When I open the folder it shows me only those files which I have downloaded today. All the previously...
  10. Windows 10 keeps deleting all my downloads from the download folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps deleting all my downloads from the download folder: Hi, Windows 10 keeps deleting all my downloads from the download folder when I do not want them to be deleted. Storage sense is turned off and there is no low storage issue there is plenty of space on my hard drives...