Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatically Deleting My Stuff

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatically Deleting My Stuff in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not so recently I discovered that my brand new pc with Windows 10 had deleted some videos I had saved. As I was looking through my videos I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EtceteraWhatnot, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Automatically Deleting My Stuff

Not so recently I discovered that my brand new pc with Windows 10 had deleted some videos I had saved. As I was looking through my videos I noticed that one particular video I was excited about watching was fucking gone, nowhere to be found. Why the hell does that happen? I figured maybe i deleted it by accident or something. Anyways, months pass, and videos keep getting deleted, although not that many. But now, windows file explorer is deleting MOST of my new videos and even old videos. I have plenty of space on both of my drives, i turned off that useless crApple like feature (storage sense) and I figured that might fix the issue since its related to my videos folder. NOPE. Why the fuck is this happening? I can't understand how this is a fucking issue, why would you think Id want to fucking delete brand new files without my damn consent? It drives me absolutely fucking insane when the shit I placed and organized carefully goes missing. If someone knows how to fix this crap, please send me your solutions. Unbelievable that I can't even trust the software my pc runs on to work properly after all the years since literally the beginning of software computers to perfect the goddamn operating system. I want to say so much more angry shit but this issue is simple, I WANT MY FILES TO STAY WHERE I PUT THEM, why the actual fuck I have to post about something so unbelievably frustrating is beyond me, this is not an acceptable bug, especially since they recognized it 2 years ago and still havent fixed it. PS: The files are gone, theres no backup, no restore file, the files arent in a different folder or a different user file, believe me, i have searched the internet for fixes to this problem but none of them seem to relate to the issue im having. I have searched my computer for these files and they are absolutely gone for good. PISSED. Btw this is more of a rant than a request for support but support is welcomed

submitted by /u/EtceteraWhatnot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EtceteraWhatnot, Mar 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Mar 9, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Windows 10 Automatically Deleting My Stuff

Windows.old automatically deleted the day after installing Windows 10

A simple websearch would have given you info quicker than complaining about someone suggesting to upgrade to Windows 10 and something causing the Windows.old to be deleted, which I doubt was caused by Microsoft.
    Rebuild System Partition

The second way here we can put forward is to rebuild the system partition. If you don't want to pay a penny to do the lost partition recovery, try this method. Note that this requires you have the Windows installation disk. Now follow the instructions to begin.
    Preparatory work:
    Boot the computer using the Windows installation media for your running OS. Then on the first installation screen, press SHIFT+F10 to bring up the command prompt.
    Now run the following commands at the command prompt.
    Step 1:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    Step 2:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition
    select partition n (n is the Windows OS partition)
    active
    exit (exit diskpart)
    Step 3:
    bootrec /fixboot
    Step 4:
    bootrec /rebuildbcd

bro67, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatically Deleting My Stuff

1. Windows 10 Automatically Deleting My Stuff - Similar Threads - Automatically Deleting Stuff

2. 99% of my stuff deleted off my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    99% of my stuff deleted off my desktop: i wrote another forum post yesterday when this happened but apparently i am not allowed to be angry that years worth of stuff was completely deleted from my computer and therefor i do not deserve help. so i will put this as kindly as i can.i was playing a game and...
  3. 99% of my stuff deleted off my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    99% of my stuff deleted off my desktop: i wrote another forum post yesterday when this happened but apparently i am not allowed to be angry that years worth of stuff was completely deleted from my computer and therefor i do not deserve help. so i will put this as kindly as i can.i was playing a game and...
  4. 99% of my stuff deleted off my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc delete my stuff

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc delete my stuff: I need help i recently i downloded unknows file and after that my pc dont accept any unsafe apps and prog it delete from my pc right away i tried everything but google is just not helpful submitted by /u/CommunicationOk9174 [link] [comments]...
  6. Can I Delete This Stuff?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Delete This Stuff?: In my Personal folder there's a folder called Searches. It contains 3 folders, one the result of a search I did recently on my C: drive. One of the others is called Everywhere and contains over 212,000 items. The other is called Indexed Locations and contains over 3,400...
  7. Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 automatically deletes my downloads folder: My downloads folder has been automatically deleted for the second time with no warning. ALL the files got deleted except 4 that I will put in the screenshot. Are these files responsible? I have not run disk cleanup recently, nor Ccleaner and storage sense is deactivated on my...
  8. My windows 10 is automatically deleting my files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My windows 10 is automatically deleting my files: My windows 10 is automatically deleting my files and many a times i ran scan . used microsoft safety scanner . I am losing a large data and my windows defender firewall is on and showing nothing....
  9. deleteing stuff

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    deleteing stuff: hi can one of you help me delete games and apps on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleteing-stuff/e95e2fb0-f544-48fb-bd82-d6d98381643d"
  10. Weird automatic stuff

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird automatic stuff: so Ive been running year now @ home in the Insider group and havent updated it to a release-version. so i thought ill update my work laptop too. for some reason, it automatically added my MS-account to the work computer, despite I havent added any personal information...