Windows 10: Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts

Discus and support Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ScottBrown_784, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts

Windows 10 is disabling 2 key services every time it starts up. The First is the Microsoft Office Click-to-run service which is needed to start Office 365 and the second is Avast SecureLine which is required for my VPN to run. Windows actually sets both of these as disabled. I have to go into the Services Module and reset them to Automatic every time the computer starts.

How do I prevent Windows from disabling these services?

:)

ScottBrown_784, Mar 14, 2019

2. automatic updates in windows 10 drastically slowed down the computer

Hi Holley,

Thank you for your post.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• Have you tried the steps suggested above?
    Let us try the following steps to disable the Windows update.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type Services.msc and press Enter.

• Search for Windows Update service from the list.

• Right Click on Windows Update from the list and select properties.

• In Properties Window Select Startup type as Disabled and Stop the Service.
    Windows 10 will not be automatically installing or downloading updates.

You may follow the same procedure and start the windows update service if you wish to update windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts

Wireless Zero Configuration service doesn't start automatically

On this ancient laptop I need to have this service running in order to connect to the internet. However it doesn't start automatically, I have to manually right-click My Computer, select Manage, Services.. etc.. Every time..

I have the service to start 'automatically'. The other options are to 'disable' the service or make it 'manual'.

Why isn't it starting automatically and what can I do?

The OS is XP x86.

Black Panther, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts

1. Windows 10 Automatically disabling key Services when the computer starts - Similar Threads - Automatically disabling key

2. How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start: Dell tech is coming to replace my motherboard and asked me to disable bitlocker but I can't access the devise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-bitlocker-when-computer-will-not/2a783ede-d8ef-4814-bf51-10581b614e60
  3. How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable bitlocker when computer will not start: Dell tech is coming to replace my motherboard and asked me to disable bitlocker but I can't access the devise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-bitlocker-when-computer-will-not/2a783ede-d8ef-4814-bf51-10581b614e60
  4. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I have done EVERYTHING on the post started back in 2017 on this issue. Here's that thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?auth=1 I have...
  5. Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Word automatically starts when Windows 10 starts: I followed along in the post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/word-opening-automatically-on-startup-windows-10/34064263-620a-4aee-930f-ff92c0511f89?page=1 However, it is a locked thread. I have done EVERYTHING recommended, and...
  6. Windows services are set to disabled automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows services are set to disabled automatically: After restarting my PC, I notice that several Windows services are set to disabled mode, containing Credentials Manager cannot use Windows Hello, Windows Update cannot update, Storage Service cannot use Storage Sense, Windows Search affect Onenote, etc. Every time I will set...
  7. Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not start automatically when starting Computer: Hello, I think I deleted the Windows Defender Autostart file from the registry accidentally. From: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion/run How do I enable it back, Windows Defender does not start automatically Thanks...
  8. Automatically disable wallpaper slideshow when starting games?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatically disable wallpaper slideshow when starting games?: So thanks to /u/faz712 (seriously, THANK YOU) I found out that my folder of 1000 pictures and 5 GB of weight puts some serious strain on the games that I play, resulting in serious stutters every minute (since I want to see as many pics as possible I put the timer to 1 min)....
  9. Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled: Service is Started on Restart but Service Set to Disabled I am new to WIN10, and I find this behavior puzzling. I have set the service "Microsoft Office Click-to-Run Service" to Disabled because I can't stand using OneDrive and OneDrive (Office 2013 version) will...
  10. Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10: How to: Start, Stop, and Disable Services in Windows 10 How to Start, Stop, Restart, Enable, and Disable Services in Windows 10 [img] Information A service is an application type that runs in the system background without a user interface and is similar to a UNIX...