Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do i stop windows 10 from automatically installing Nvidia drivers? submitted by /u/DmxDex [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DmxDex, Oct 15, 2020.

1. /u/DmxDex Win User

Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers

How do i stop windows 10 from automatically installing Nvidia drivers?

submitted by /u/DmxDex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DmxDex, Oct 15, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Automatic GPU drivers installed

Hey guys for the past 6 months I've been running a gtx 580 and I've just sent it back today as part of the step up program to get the gtx 680. For the next 2 weeks I will be using my old 9800 gtx+. I installed the card and booted the computer and upon getting to the windows screen, windows searched automatically online and installed drivers. I rebooted and checked the driver version, and sure enough, it had found and installed the latest drivers for my card.

I've always manually installed drivers by starting up the nvidia process and all that, what windows did, was it a sufficient driver install? When I get the gtx 680, I'm assuming it will do this again, would it be a smart idea to manually install the driver or would windows version do the exact same thing? Thanks guys.

lwgnlseven, Oct 15, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows 7 automatically installs drivers...

I've got another issue with Windows 7. It automatically installs drivers. I was uninstalling my Nvidia drivers and when I rebooted to reinstall, the operating system found the driver package and installed it on it's own. Can I shut this off?

Thema:

1. Windows 10 automatically installing Nvidia Drivers - Similar Threads - automatically installing Nvidia

2. Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Windows 10 automatically update Nvidia drivers?: Or do I still need GeForce Experience (or manual download) like in 8.1? submitted by /u/sanijaro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ippj12/does_windows_10_automatically_update_nvidia/
  3. How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to prevent automatic install of nvidia display driver: I recently moved from nvidia to AMD but windows update still install nvidia display driver! how to prevent that ? 148594
  4. nVidia driver not installing

nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  5. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  6. Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 installation contains Nvidia driver?: Hi, I just finished a clean install and noticed that a Nvidia driver was installed. I'm not sure if this is standard now but as far as I can remember I always had to install this driver manually. I've erased my entire drive and used a USB stick which I created with Media...
  7. Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fed up with Windows Update installing nVidia driver automatically: Hello guys, I'm asking this question here because I truly have no clue what to do anymore to solve this problem. After a clean install of Windows (without internet connection), as soon as I connect to the internet, Windows downloads and installs an old Nvidia driver with its...
  8. nvidia drivers installation fail on windows 10

nvidia drivers installation fail on windows 10: hi everyone, i have a problem with driver of video card nvidia. I wanted reinstall the driver because geforce experience didn't work. Before i used DDU. After i tried to install the driver without success. To understand the problem I used this guide. How to enable...
  9. Windows 10, install old nvidia driver

Windows 10, install old nvidia driver: Hello tenforums i upgraded from 8.1 to 10 in the upgrade wave and no problems there. but then i encountered problemes with the nvidia driver for windows 10 and wanted to install the driver i used on 8.1 which is 347.88 but then the problem comes, its not possible to install...
  10. Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install and automatic video card driver install (nvidia): Sorry if this has been addressed already (a search didn't yield exactly what I was looking for). I'm planning on doing a clean install of Win10 next weekend after upgrading from 7 x64 Pro. I'm wondering if anybody has a detailed account on what happens after the first load of...