Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically installs UK language packs with two extra languages after reboot

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically installs UK language packs with two extra languages after reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This keeps happening. I don't use the UK language or the UK US keyboard (why is this a thing). I use two keyboards, and every time they get installed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Statharas, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 automatically installs UK language packs with two extra languages after reboot

This keeps happening.

I don't use the UK language or the UK US keyboard (why is this a thing). I use two keyboards, and every time they get installed, i am forced to switch through 2 extra keyboards, making me lose precious time while translating documents.

My temporary solution is to install the UK local experience pack, manually install the US UK keyboard and then straight up remove both. BUT IT IS VERY ANNOYING TO HAVE TO DO IT AFTER EVERY REBOOT!

submitted by /u/Statharas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Statharas, Jun 18, 2020
  2. zdhiu Win User

Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

UP to today, searching, downloading and installing language pack is still time very consuming, very headack process! Ever MS make this process standard, easy available?

zdhiu, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

I have the same problem, BUT the language I want to install, Japanese, is in the computer yet transparent and cannot be clicked on. Can you help me?

AnchyIvkaa, Jun 18, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 automatically installs UK language packs with two extra languages after reboot

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically installs UK language packs with two extra languages after reboot

1. Windows 10 automatically installs UK language packs with two extra languages after reboot - Similar Threads - automatically installs language

2. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  3. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  4. Two language pack in one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two language pack in one: I have a laptop with arabic and english keyboard, I install the Egyptian keyboard software pack but it always install two packs one that does not go with laptop's physical keyboard layout and the one I don't use instal automatic after a period of time, similar if you switch...
  5. Two language pack in one

Two language pack in one: I have a laptop with arabic and english keyboard, I install the Egyptian keyboard software pack but it always install two packs one that does not go with laptop's physical keyboard layout and the one I don't use instal automatic after a period of time, similar if you switch...
  6. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  7. Language pack installation

Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  8. Extra keyboard layout for a language pack that is not even installed on the PC...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extra keyboard layout for a language pack that is not even installed on the PC...: This needs to stop happening. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extra-keyboard-layout-for-a-language-pack-that-is/b53626d3-7adb-4b8d-8354-30fd825bcc49
  9. UK language

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK language: Where is the UK language file? I want to destroy it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uk-language/c49a7c20-daea-472a-94e9-d78e73a126e5
  10. Language Pack Install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language Pack Install on Windows 10: Has anybody having issues with installing Windows 10 language pack? I recently recovered by reseting Windows 10 but keeping my personal information but when Windows restarted I was getting error messages for the Swedish language pack I had installed before. I stopped...