Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, While playing Ground branch for at least 17 min it will initiate a forceful hibernation. My pc: Hp notebook Windows 10 19041.867 Processor:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VictorMwonga, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming

Hello,

While playing Ground branch for at least 17 min it will initiate a forceful hibernation.

My pc:

Hp notebook

Windows 10 19041.867

Processor: i5-7200U CPU@ 2.50GHz 2.70GHz

RAM: 4 GB

System: 64-bit operating system, 64-bit based processor.

932 GB HDD

GPU 1: Intel HD graphics 620.

GPU 2: AMD Radeon R5 M330.

Please help.

Have a good day.

:)

VictorMwonga, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft to push automatic Windows 10 upgrades in 2016

"Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will be automatically rolled out next year to all users of its older operating systems who have selected to receive updates.

Until now, users of Windows 7 and 8 have needed to register to upgrade to Windows 10. But that's about to change: soon the OS will be listed as an 'Optional Update' and -- from 2016 -- a 'recommended' update that will automatically install itself, if users have opted to receive updates in that way.*Shadedshun :shadedshu:

You can opt out of automatic updates to avoid this, but Microsoftsays that "we strongly discourage this in today’s connected world because of the constant risk of internet threats". You can also change your Windows Update settings to install critical updates but not recommended ones. Although it's still going to be possible to avoid installation, Microsoft seems quite determined for everyone to be using Windows 10 in near future.

The roll-out of reserved updates was initially staggered but, according to Microsoft, now Windows "will automatically kick off the upgrade process once you have made a reservation".

As an intermediate stage, Microsoft says that it will "soon" publish Windows 10 as an optional update, not installed by default, but accessible to all users.
    "

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive...rade-to-be-rolled-out-automatically-next-year

P4-630, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Jon777777 Win User

Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming

Windows 10 fails to lock screen automatically.

Greg: I tried from the Windows 10 forum "Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock
    the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time
    ."....but I get no such option as "Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time"

I have no problem locking the computer manually; I want it to lock automatically when I leave it for more than a few minutes.

Thanks,

----Jonathan

Jon777777, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming

1. Windows 10 automatically locking after a few minutes of gaming - Similar Threads - automatically locking few

2. Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lock screen timeout after a few minutes: Hello, I have a few laptops Lenovo and Dell that timeout after only a few minutes.They have already been clean formatted again, all possible power, sleep and screen timeout options have been set to 2h, I have been scouting forums all day long. There are no GPOs pushing these...
  3. Windows locks up and sleeps after a few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows locks up and sleeps after a few minutes of gaming: I'm actually kind of worn out from this already. I know Windows is objectively one of the weakest systems in terms of gaming however Steam's biggest library is on Windows.When I'm playing heavy games such as Spider-Man remastered, I can comfortably play it in 2k with the...
  4. Windows locks up and sleeps after a few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows locks up and sleeps after a few minutes of gaming: I'm actually kind of worn out from this already. I know Windows is objectively one of the weakest systems in terms of gaming however Steam's biggest library is on Windows.When I'm playing heavy games such as Spider-Man remastered, I can comfortably play it in 2k with the...
  5. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  6. BSOD after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after a few minutes of playing games: Laptop: Acer Helios 300 PH315-52Hi, first I would to say thank you for spending your precious time on this problem of mine and I hope you can help me with this.For the past 3 weeks, I have been having this issue where my laptop would close any game after a few minutes of...
  7. Laptop screen shows "LOCKING" randomly after few minutes of gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen shows "LOCKING" randomly after few minutes of gaming: My laptop shows "locking" and locks up after playing graphic intensive games for random amount of time. I bought the laptop 2 days back. Has the latest feature update 2004. Graphics driver and cpu drivers are up to date. The games causing problems are also up to date. The...
  8. Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes: Windows goes to sleep/locks itself after few minutes less than 5 DESPITE proper as far as I know settings are set. Can someone please help? I am really annoyed by having to log in every time I come back to my PC. It´s been doing this since today 17/03/2020. Before my PC just...
  9. Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezes after using it for a few minutes and then restarts automatically: Hi I had an old computer that I lately wanted to use with windows 10. And I had installed windows 10's 1903 version on it but it seems that I won't be able to use it. because every time I boot up my computer within 5 minutes it freezes and remains that way until it...
  10. Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games lagging and stuttering after a few minutes: Hello. I'm having a problem where after a few minutes in many games they will start to lag and the cpu % will go down. I've updated my drivers, downloaded the latest updates, reinstalled windows with media creation tool, reset the pc to factory defaults, and used the...