Windows 10: Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account

Discus and support Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i've had a laptop laying around for a few months not in use with no battery. I just powered it up as there was a few documents there i needed and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cyasundayfederer, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account

So i've had a laptop laying around for a few months not in use with no battery.

I just powered it up as there was a few documents there i needed and a new update has been installed and it automatically logs me in to a guest account. I restart the computer and again it just auto logs in to guest account without me having any options or able to click a button.

I can see the harddrive is full so the computer isn't formatted or anything. I just want to use my computer like normal, it didn't even have a guest account last time I used it. Like what the fuck is going on? I left the computer untouched for months and this happens.

I've never registered a microsoft account. Will I get access to all my old stuff if i create one to log in to? If I do that won't it just be a new account on the same computer?

What I specifically need access to is my logged on chrome browser on the computer.

submitted by /u/cyasundayfederer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cyasundayfederer, Oct 29, 2020
  2. KIM
    kim Win User

How to log in to the guest account?

Hi Elizabeth! There is a local group policy named "Deny log on locally" which prevents the guest login in Windows 10. You can check out this article for detailed steps to enable the guest account: How to Enable the Hidden Guest Account in Windows 10 | Password Recovery

3. Kari Win User
    How to log in to the guest account?

PLEASE READ THE BELOW WARNING BEFORE TRYING THE ABOVE QUOTED TRICK:

Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account [​IMG]
    Warning The built-in Guest user account is deprecated and does not work in Windows 10! If you try the above mentioned Group Policy trick and you sign in to Guest, you will get this error message:

Clicking Close the program just closes and re-opens the dialog, you can do nothing else than keep closing this dialog. Notice that in some cases the display flickers fast and the dialog shown above is not shown but the result is the same: you cannot use the Guest user account.

You can exit the Guest account by pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and selecting Sign out:

Even if the trick you mentioned had worked, it's always a good idea to check the OP's system specs. In this case Elizabeth has not given much information but the most important detail regarding the workaround you linked is there: she has the Home edition of Windows 10 which does not allow editing group policies:

4. Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account

Windows 10 - Guest Account

Did not work for me.

Sharon Croft, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account

1. Windows 10 automatically logs in as guest account - Similar Threads - automatically logs guest

2. System Automatically logs me in as a Guest

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Automatically logs me in as a Guest: I play pinochle regularly however, last week the system began automatically logging me in as a guest. I've signed in to Microsoft, cleared cookies and cache yet I'm still experiencing the same issue?...
  3. System Automatically logs me in as a Guest

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Automatically logs me in as a Guest: I play pinochle regularly however, last week the system began automatically logging me in as a guest. I've signed in to Microsoft, cleared cookies and cache yet I'm still experiencing the same issue?...
  4. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  5. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guest Account auto-logging in.: Hello Microsoft Community,I've been having a problem with a guest account I want to add to my organizations systems. On each machine I want to add a local guest account that does not need a password to login, yet whenever you boot the system up, it automatically logs in to...
  6. Guest Account auto-logging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Guest Account Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Guest Account Windows 10: how do I add a guest account on Windows 10 for guests to use my computer without accessing my files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-windows-10/b96ca412-5111-49e1-9818-cbe2a6ca544d
  8. Guest account in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Guest account in Windows 10: How can I activate the Guest account in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/guest-account-in-windows-10/62b6d407-430d-4640-868f-26688e2aad99"
  9. How to log in to the guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to log in to the guest account?: Hello: I have successfully activated the hidden guest account by using the net user /guest:active command from an elevated command prompt. However, the account does not appear at the bottom left of my login screen along with the other accounts on my system, so I am unable...
  10. Forcefully logging into Guest account on Windows 10 Enterprise 10074

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcefully logging into Guest account on Windows 10 Enterprise 10074: This is not my problem, it is a friend of mine's problem, and he is currently stuck on mobile as he doesn't have access to another computer (as far as I know) He upgraded from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise Build 10074, he was able to log in the first few...